• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 242xe Pricing

sealavie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Our family has been researching all boats that will fit our usage profile for the past year and believe we have settled on the Yamaha 242xe. It's expensive - but it's really, really nice - if you haven't look at up close, check it out.

Usage profile:
*ICW - salt/brackish water - pulling up close to small island beaches and have the rear platform to enter/exit. (probably 2 or 3 weeks a year)
*Lake - fresh water - wake boarding, tube pulling, able to handle choppy water, able to spend a day out on the lake (I like the big canopy for that purpose) - and to try Wake Surfing (1 week a year at a lake in Virginia and hopefully 5 or 6 weekends in NC)
*must seat at least 10 people
*comfortable and have a nice stereo so my middle school boys will dig it and want to bring friends
*no prop is a plus as it should be safer
*I'm a reliability engineer by training - so I like the durability of the 1.8 liter engines and the 4 year warranty yamaha is throwing in
*also like that the 2016 has a lot of new features incorporated that folks from this board were doing as mods
*I like that this board exists so we can all share experiences and ultimately help each other

What kind of deal should I expect?

Last edited:

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hate to say it, but likely sticker +

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have nothing to lose by calling more than one dealership and getting quotes. If they're selling at MSRP, then you might find that some dealerships will include more throw-ins than others.
Good luck.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've bought 2 new Yamaha's, and paid well under MSRP, each time.
2009, 232 Limited
2016, 242X

You either have to buy them late in the season (after July 4th; 2009), or very early in season (before Jan; Nov'15).
In both cases I spoke to multiple dealers, had cash (easy transaction) and was able to get to deal with the dealerships owner, not just the sales guy.
Finding the highest volume boat dealer you are willing to drive to, helps. They get the best discount from Yamaha, and know how to move boats.
Late in the season, the dealers are beginning to think about having to Winter store unsold boats. Early in the season, they have the chance of getting more boats that year, to replace early sales (and Sept/Oct/Nov/ are dry months for boats sales....they are hungry).
You may find the inland dealers have a harder time selling the big boats (24's) as most of their waters are smaller and you could find a motivated seller/dealer.