• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Ar 230 HO Problem with one engine

LukaszZelias

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello

I am from Poland and I am the first owner of a yamaha ar230 boat.
I found this forum because I have a problem with one engine
I released the boat last weekend and found that I had a problem with the battery. I started the boat with a second battery, both engines were working. after a few seconds one engine reached high speed and went out.
I checked:

Spark plugs, I moved to a second engine, which is equipped with it

coils, I switched to a second engine that is coming and it's okay

the fuel pump creates pressure (after removing the hose that goes to the engine, it spurts fuel)

I switched computers, switched to a second engine that works and is fine

pulling (leash) I connected the cables, bypassing the button

fuses are good

I use a translator, so sorry for the mistakes
Please help

1592589109450.png

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
after a few seconds one engine reached high speed and went out.
Can you describe how the 2nd engine dies in a little more detail? The translation makes it sound like the engine increases in RPM and then dies.....but I'm not sure that is correct.

You seem to have done some very good trouble shooting already. You do not mention checking the clean out hatch switches on the stern of the boat.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the group!

Clean out switches would be my guess right now if everything works when swapped on the second engine.

LukaszZelias

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you describe how the 2nd engine dies in a little more detail? The translation makes it sound like the engine increases in RPM and then dies.....but I'm not sure that is correct.

You seem to have done some very good trouble shooting already. You do not mention checking the clean out hatch switches on the stern of the boat.
it was exactly like that, two engines were running, after 10 seconds of running one engine got high speed and went out.
I will add that I checked the spark on spark plugs and it does not appear on this engine

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

LukaszZelias

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need one of the super knowledgeable engine guys to weigh in here, but my thought was if the timing chain broke?
timing chain is ok we dismantled it. the marks are in a good position and the wedge is vertical
the pump gives pressure, however, the spark plugs have no spark and are dry

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you run a compression check? The increase in RPM is strange... sometimes as an engine runs lean, there will be an increase in RPM, so maybe try to get a good idea what the actual fuel pressure is. I'd have to check for these engines, but if they're similar to the automotive industry, it should have 40PSI. You could also check the fuel pressure on the good engine, and use that reading as a baseline for what to expect from the bad engine.

LukaszZelias

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you run a compression check? The increase in RPM is strange... sometimes as an engine runs lean, there will be an increase in RPM, so maybe try to get a good idea what the actual fuel pressure is. I'd have to check for these engines, but if they're similar to the automotive industry, it should have 40PSI. You could also check the fuel pressure on the good engine, and use that reading as a baseline for what to expect from the bad engine.
I didn't check the compression ,I'll do it

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
YDS would be helpful. What is your general location? Switching fuel pumps? Try swapping Intake 2 sensor part 9. I do not know what it does or if it can be tested.

LukaszZelias

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YDS would be helpful. What is your general location? Switching fuel pumps? Try swapping Intake 2 sensor part 9. I do not know what it does or if it can be tested.
ordered yds I have to wait 2 weeks I am from Poland, I did not change the pumps, I managed to call the engine and I saw that the fuel spurts

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please update your general location and keep reporting back.

LukaszZelias

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I turned the engine on, cleaned the collectors, put it back together. the engine starts but goes into high speed on a neutral, do you have any ideas

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
throttle plates closed? It should not be able to spin at high RPM without air. If so, Air is leaking past the throttle body for it to be able go reach high RPM. other air entry points into the air circuit?

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it still stalling after the rpms go up? If so that sound like it could be leaning out