• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR 240 tray door replacement

ar 240 tray replacement

• ar 240 2016 tray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ar 240 replacement for tray

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jeremy lewis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2016 AR 240 and the tray table broke when we put some drinks on it. You can't order the door the entire box has to be replaced which is over $700. Does anyone know anywhere to just get the door. I am fighting with Yamaha to replace it under warranty but if they don't I hate to buy the whole box. The design is horrible its thick plastic and on a hot day the corners cracked and broke very easy. Thanks for any info or if anyone else has had this problem.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems odd you can't get just the door. Have you looked around at parts houses, not just the dealer?
Also, not sure what the vote is for, my brain is not understanding the choices or why they are choices. Too bad you can't add crayon pictures for me.

jeremy lewis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea every part list makes you buy the entire box.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you referring to the glove compartment door that turns into a table of sorts (very flimsy and not useful for much except a delicate item that weights under a pound)?

I'll bet that is hard to find! Do you have pics of what broke?

jeremy lewis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the door that folds down both corners cracked and broke. You can't just buy the door you have to buy the entire box huge ripoff this has to be common as if you use it how they advertise it will break.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bummer. I wonder if @JetBoatPilot can use his industrial cnc router to cut out some of these given the right stock. Polishing to match will be tough.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jeremy lewis are you referring to the tabs on the bottom of the door? I noticed that something in my glove compartment was stuck behind the tab just the other day because it wouldn't close. I can just see my daughter forcing it shut rather than figuring out what is in the way! I agree...not a good way for this to work.....I may look into a way to block off the tab area so it can't happen.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, those bottom corners gather everything in their path and jam the door. Something to block it would be ideal. Definitely should have been designed better.