• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha DFR fishing boat

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The styling of all the Japanese Yamaha boats I've seen leaves me saying.. "WTF? Ewwwwwww...."

Great quality boats I'm sure!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dang, that's pretty cool...and different looking. But here's my stupid question of the day. Before I played the video, I was expecting to see a Yamaha JetBoat. But then I see this thing. As the video plays, I don't see the outboard motors. But this is made by Yamaha! WTH?? So is the hull made by Yamaha and it has inboard motors? Or what? What's happening here???

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This video says it is powered by Volvo D9 500PS....which is a 6 cylinder deisel engine....and since it has 2 controls on the binnacle, I assume it has of them.

The Asian division of Yamaha has an interesting line of boats...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tell you what. Those boats would sell here in the US like crazy. Volvo/Cummins diesel pods, and what looks like an incredible hull. They would give all the Mako, Boston Whaler, and Scout boats a run for their money.

It would be nice to ship one here, and let people try and find out what it was. Maybe take it to a boat show.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I guess there is a huge market for big expensive offshore fishing boats. I like a bunch of features I see in the DFR for cruiser applications too. If it has A/C, it must have a genset, but I didn't see one in the hold in the third video. Not being a cruiser per se, doesn't make sense that it would have a shore power only A/C, when those boats don't spend time in the boat house hobnobbing. I like the way the hull rides and handles the wakes. I would have liked to see it on big open seas that were more interesting. I'd make the bimini run in this boat! That is also one serious bow thruster! Having both stern, flybridge, and cockpit controls is a benefit too, makes docking a breeze I am sure, and probably even single handed.