• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Diagnostics Software (YDIS)

Cody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum could help me out with the Yamaha diagnostic software. I have some very specific questions that I'm guessing only the developer could answer. Is there an email or another method of contacting the developers that anyone might know of? Any suggestions for contacting the company other than their general telephone number?

Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum could help me out with the Yamaha diagnostic software. I have some very specific questions that I'm guessing only the developer could answer. Is there an email or another method of contacting the developers that anyone might know of? Any suggestions for contacting the company other than their general telephone number?

Thanks!
You should ask your question here anyway - we have some pretty amazing folks on here that may be able to help....

Cody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
You should ask your question here anyway - we have some pretty amazing folks on here that may be able to help....
Sure thing.

I'm a researcher working a contract for the DoD so I apologize ahead of time if some of my questions or descriptions seem vague. Currently I'm using the Yamaha Diagnostic software v1.33 on a Yamaha 2007 225 hp outboard motor.

My specific questions as of now (and I'll have more down the line) are:

1. Is 0.5 seconds the fastest sampling speed/frequency? Is there a way to increase that rate?
  2. I'm assuming the Yamaha Diagnostic Software is proprietary, but is there other diagnostic software on the market for this specific motor?
  3. What protocol does the software use?
We're hoping there is diagnostic software on the market that is sufficient for our needs otherwise we'll most likely have to write our own.

Thanks!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Send more info then every .5s tall into so crazy stuff.

I'd imagine for most normal use applications that is enough. I will tell you from my reading that yamaha code is it's own and doesnt easily connect to other stuff. Example yamaha doesnt use generic code that connects to newer NMEA2K products.

I am gonna guess you will need to write own code unless someone at DoD is able to pull strings and get the code so yall can modify it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sure thing.

I'm a researcher working a contract for the DoD so I apologize ahead of time if some of my questions or descriptions seem vague. Currently I'm using the Yamaha Diagnostic software v1.33 on a Yamaha 2007 225 hp outboard motor.

My specific questions as of now (and I'll have more down the line) are:

1. Is 0.5 seconds the fastest sampling speed/frequency? Is there a way to increase that rate?
  2. I'm assuming the Yamaha Diagnostic Software is proprietary, but is there other diagnostic software on the market for this specific motor?
  3. What protocol does the software use?
We're hoping there is diagnostic software on the market that is sufficient for our needs otherwise we'll most likely have to write our own.

Thanks!
I'm sure the Yamaha R&D team has what you need but getting them to release it (even under NDA) might be impossible.

OhioCop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello,

Thanks!
I have a 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S, I’ve read the posts on here regarding diagnostic software, however the posts I’ve read don’t mention capability with the 242 Limited S. It only meets a 242. Can some tell me what software I’d need for the 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S?