• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Jet Boaters Forum is back up

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
just noticed the other site is back online

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, didn't see any new posts.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Huh, I'm still banned despite his apologies to me on Sunday night for his treatment of me and his agreement that he'd un-ban me in return for not having to delete all my content.

And then there was the public apology he also promised Mel and others. It that posted?

And please do not suggest that 4 days isn't enough time to process 40 group buy items and write one apology (or click the 3 clicks necessary to delete all my content). That simply wouldn't be plausible.

Another broken promise and disappointed x-member....

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow there are a lot of people on yjb site that DO NOT HAVE A CLUE what the hell is going on or has gone on. I went there are read comments on Site Down, member SHOCKED laid it out to him with no reply. awesome!!! I did not log in because I made a promise to myself to never log onto that site again.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow there are a lot of people on yjb site that DO NOT HAVE A CLUE what the hell is going on or has gone on. I went there are read comments on Site Down, member SHOCKED laid it out to him with no reply. awesome!!! I did not log in because I made a promise to myself to never log onto that site again.
Yeah, that thread is getting ugly quick.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When I looked at the posts it looked like some were made on Sunday and I thought the site went down Saturday which seemed strange to me. In fact I thought I saw some from Monday too.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a reference to a mutiny along with some choice uh um questions from shocked..
Take a look
Screenshot_2014-03-06-19-42-33.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mutiny ??? I don't think Bruce, Julian and Mel tried to take over YJB. They just bought a new boat and invited us to come and enjoy it.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is quite a bit of pain on all sides in this bad situation. Let's all hope these feelings heal quickly and the Yammi community doesn't split. We have always relied on each other. I don't ever want to lose that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....Mutiny....funny. Pity there is no truth translator.....it would turn that into....

".....I wasn't aware that my banning of top members with no notification, then refusing to communicate with them, then deleting their posts asking "why", might upset them. And I hope people don't start looking at the member list and noticing all the blanks appearing in the Rank column when I ban more members"

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am surprised that Brian wasn't proactive enough to post a thread about why the site was down. But I still think the post by "shocked" whoever that is was out of line. I don't think that a post like that will do much to steer people to this site. If anything I think it will make this site seem rude and accusatory even though that is the furthest thing from the truth.

I just don't think it is a good representation of what this site is all about.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It has already split, there are two boards. Now it's just a matter of if a member wants to participate in two groups or they choose one. The people I relied on are here and that's why I am.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If it weren't for a group buy a certain person was trying to organize going all wrong i am not sure i would have known some of the most valuable members had been banned. I think there are probably a large portion of the community had no idea what happened.

The fact that we have split is probably not a good thing overall for our community but I would be in favor of julian, Mel and Bruce to just continue down this path. They have shown how a community should be run with everyone having a vote. I sure hope others will wake up and come to this board. We just need more content and they will come!

Now where is my beer let's just move on!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@CDENsomnia The key to a great forum is active members with a passion for something, and the tools to share things easily and effectively. I think we have all of that and more! Bruce has the detailed #s but we have a HUGE % of the most active members here and that will mean we'll be fine!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a reference to a mutiny along with some choice uh um questions from shocked..
Take a look
View attachment 1418
Mutiny...

To have a mutiny, you need a commanding officer to mutiny against. That alone speaks volumes about the kind of place it is over there vs. over here. Too bad.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The distaste I have developed over the last few days hearing more and more stories won't wash away easily. Kind of like a drunken night of too much cigar smoking and whiskey drinking. It's gonna stick with ya for awhile...

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The distaste I have developed over the last few days hearing more and more stories won't wash away easily. Kind of like a drunken night of too much cigar smoking and whiskey drinking. It's gonna stick with ya for awhile...
Could not agree more. I started with "can't we all get along?" and I'm a lot closer to "bombs away" now. That's a damn shame.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan I don't doubt for a second what you are saying and I have been shocked to hear how many people were banned from YJB. I am in no way defending Brian or his actions. I think your intentions with the post were sincere to help people see the light, but unfortunately the post has went the other way and turned into a lovefest for YJB. I am guessing that soon enough people will start to realize that a lot of the main contributors are gone and find their way to the site and then word will spread to all those not on board here yet.

I am glad you found your way to this site, I have enjoyed your posts so far and I am looking forward to more of them in the future.