• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Jet Boaters Forum is back up

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would be very surprised if he doesn't get in trouble for the use of Yamaha tuning fork in his new logo. The rules about the placement of the tuning fork are very precise. And Yamaha doesn't like it to be messed with.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought the addition of the tuning forks was very intriguing....

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan I remember that! There has been things like that happening with YJB for years it seems. I just don't think a lot of people know about some of those stories. Just crazy that he still hasn't learned. More and more stories just keep coming out of the woodwork!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be very surprised if he doesn't get in trouble for the use of Yamaha tuning fork in his new logo. The rules about the placement of the tuning fork are very precise. And Yamaha doesn't like it to be messed with.
This one little thing is perhaps the most interesting and least noticed changes since the "shutdown for group buys".

I have had several personal (face to face and via phone) discussions with Brian over the years. He has always been very concerned of Yamaha coming after him for copyright issues and thus the huge disclaimer on the home page of the website. In the past, people have tried to get him to display a tuning fork and he was always quick to shoot it down because of the trademark issues (and rightly so). In the past, many people have rumored that Brian got kickbacks from Yamaha and I can tell you that in the past, he did NOT get kickbacks. However, this recent change of showing the tuning fork really makes me wonder. He's either really lost it mentally, or he has finally struck a deal with Mother Y. :oops:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are quite a number of Yamaha employees on the Yamaha jet boaters forum. they will have read the site down thread and others. they are a big company and will be very careful about the vendor associations they make.they will have a careful screening process which will include financial analysis for any vendor they make more than a minimal association with. So they might have agreed to let him use the tuning fork logo and Yamaha, beyond that I doubt they'll associate much more.

sorry about the punctuation I'm voice posting from my phone.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To be honest, we all know the forum has lead many a boat buyer to the Yamaha, because of the member support. I've always said the member support of the forum was more important than the extended warranty....so he may have some blessing of sorts. You guys have saved my ass a few times...made me look like a genius and helped me to keep people on the boat from freaking out over a loose plug or wood chip in the impeller. Yamaha sits in pretty position from my viewpoint. If I was selling Yamaha's......these 2 sites might seal the deal. Probably piss off the service dept. though, LOL

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length