• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha jet boats freshwater

drjbrymanl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, is it true that you should not store your Yamaha jet boat in freshwater during the season. I'm planning on keeping a boat stored somewhere in the Delaware in Bucks County PA.

Thank you!

Plenty wet slip all season. It would be good to pull it out and wash/wax it monthly at minimum.

I did a ceramic coat before I wet slipped it late April. Won’t take it out till end of September. I’ll see how the ceramic held up. If it held up well then I’ll probably put a refresher on it and put it back in water next April.If it doesn’t then I guess I’ll strip it back down and maybe don’t coats and see what that does. If I see some algae start to form on the bottom I might try to wash it off while relaxing in shallow water. judging by the way the splash from the sides looks - I think it will hold up but time will tell I guess.

is it true that you should not

My neighbor warned me that you want to avoid getting your boat wet...

Where did you hear this, who told you, and the absolute most important thing every single person should remember, take to heart, and put into practice - did you ask WHY, and continue to ask questions until it made sense?

I'm HIGHLY interested in the reasoning behind your question as to why someone would say a boat kept on the water is not recommended

My neighbor warned me that you want to avoid getting your boat wet...

Where did you hear this, who told you, and the absolute most important thing every single person should remember, take to heart, and put into practice - did you ask WHY, and continue to ask questions until it made sense?

I'm HIGHLY interested in the reasoning behind your question as to why someone would say a boat kept on the water is not recommended
The gentleman who told me that this was actually a broker for Yamaha JetBlood I was going to buy. He mentioned that Yamaha does not recommend leaving it in water for more than 5 to 7 days. Two reasons, one is algae growing in the Jets and also the fiberglass causing an issue with the fiberglass coating. My first thought was, aren't most boats fiberglass?

Blisters

The gentleman who told me that this was actually a broker for Yamaha JetBlood I was going to buy. He mentioned that Yamaha does not recommend leaving it in water for more than 5 to 7 days. Two reasons, one is algae growing in the Jets and also the fiberglass causing an issue with the fiberglass coating. My first thought was, aren't most boats fiberglass?

I’d say your biggest worry if at all is how much water your boat takes on a normal outing, and whether or not you have added a second bilge pump. The self bailing deck is suppose to keep rain water out
Of the bilge. So you might want to put the plug in while it’s on the driveway and use a hose and give it a good rinse and see if you get any water out. Then after a day on the water see how much water comes out.

Is there going to be power at the slip where you want to keep it? This can be used with an onboard battery charger to keep the batteries charged up and the source of power for the bilge pumps.

I wet slip mine all summer in Pittsburgh. I usually take it out every six weeks to wash it and never have any issues.

Leave mine in the water from May - October. Bottom is painted now due to Yamaha manufacturing defect causing blisters last season. I've always wet slipped my boats in fresh water. They're very green/brown on the bottom when they come out but that gets cleaned off before storing for the winter.

Back