• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS cable and software <in Dallas?>

jetdr111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was wondering if anyone in the DFW area that has the YDS cable and software would let me borrow it to get my Engine hours on my 2007 SX210 that I am trying to sell? Willing to bring boat and get readings there and would be greatly appreciated with the help.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping to get up to the boat (where I store the cable) over the weekend to do some work on it. If you don't find one before then, I understand the US Post still runs between Houston and Dallas...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I "could" have one. I had everything and it worked until I changed computers. It's the old version and I can't get it to read even when I ran the new computer in XP mode so I'm not sure if I have a cable/connector/disk problem or a computer compatibility issue.

If you have a XP computer or are smart enough to think you can make it work you are welcome to come by and try (I'd actually like to read the hours on my boat also!)

I've still got the old laptop but I had reconfigured it to Win 10 thinking I was going to be smart but I still have the XP disk so I'm thinking I may just reinstall XP and that will be a dedicated machine for YDS.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I "could" have one. I had everything and it worked until I changed computers. It's the old version and I can't get it to read even when I ran the new computer in XP mode so I'm not sure if I have a cable/connector/disk problem or a computer compatibility issue.

If you have a XP computer or are smart enough to think you can make it work you are welcome to come by and try (I'd actually like to read the hours on my boat also!)

I've still got the old laptop but I had reconfigured it to Win 10 thinking I was going to be smart but I still have the XP disk so I'm thinking I may just reinstall XP and that will be a dedicated machine for YDS.
I have a dedicated older laptop just for the YDS, our newer laptops are all Windows 10, wish I could help the OP, but I am in Arizona.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did drop the old laptop, but it was Win10 just like this one and I got it to work. I do remember there was a trick. Just don't remember what it was.... I slept since then. Something with the COM port, I think.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jetdr111
I was able to reload XP on my old lap top and was able to get it to work today on my boat.

It's available if anybody in DFW needs help PM me.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or Houston, my mom lives in Humble and we have relatives near Freeport so we're down that way quite often.

jetdr111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to thank Scott for reading the hours. Thanks a lot Scott

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but does anyone have a YDS cable in the Dallas area?

Thanks!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes but my laptop with XP only runs with the power cord (no battery) , where are you at?

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length