• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

YDS, how to read Diagnosis Record hours?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I was having trouble with my port engine starting occasionally (https://jetboaters.net/threads/help-port-engine-troubleshooting.2285/), I bought the YDS system and cable.

I just hooked it up and found a code 24, Cam Position Sensor, and it occured "9.24".

What does the 9.24 mean? Is that how many hours ago the event happened? That, and an overheat warning (at 23.22) were the only things listed in the Diagnosis Record. Now, towards the end of the summer last year we did pick up some algae and got an overheat warning, so I'm guessing that's it? So am I correct that the code 24 occured 9.24 hours ago? We've definitely had trouble with it several times since over 9 hours ago.

I just read my data for the first time in 5 years and I know I have had the over temp led go off at least a dozen times or more since I have owned my boat... but there was only one alarm indication logged for each engine.

@MOA_Chaser , my understanding is that those values are hours since new... I can only assume that in my case, when the alarm led illuminated that I shut down the engine or corrected the issue before it was serious enough to get logged.

Anyone with more experience correct me if I am wrong.......

As for the cam pos sensor... I can only tell you that I had that happen with my SUV... I removed them, cleaned them up and reinstalled them and the error cleared. To be honest I have never heard of a cam pos sensor issue with the MR-1's... I never even thought that we had them... This will be interesting.

Pretty certain that is the time the error occurred in hours and fraction of hours from zero. So 23.22 would be hour 23 of engine time.

If you had other over heats.....did you have it at the dealer? Perhaps the cleared the older overheats?

I believe Julian is correct, the hour mark logged in YDS is the actual hour/minute it happened.

@Julian ... In reference to mine, I had service performed at the dealer 3 times over the first 18 months of ownership, so it is possible that the codes were reset, but they did not advise me of that. It is a little concerning that you could clear that information from the log though, especially for a potential second owner.

That being said... I just looked back at my logs. I had an over temp at 5.6 on one and 4.7 on the other. There was also a low oil pressure at 46.5 on both (which was just after a factory oil change.) Given that I would believe that the codes have never been reset. Some of the over temps I had were during a freshwater rinse of the engines and pushed it a tad to far flushing out the fresh water. Still not sure why the others didn't get logged.

I have had the boat for about three years and have never taken it to the dealer.

I have had the boat for about three years and have never taken it to the dealer.
I'm almost at ten years and never been to a dealer.

Back