• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS success on 240/242?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It has been debated whether the version 1. whatever will work on the newer boats. Some had comm errors, others say they got it to work. Can I get a confirmation from a couple of guys that indeed it does work, whether the typical monkey leash connected the same, in the starboard engine compartment behind the round inspection port? Were there spare connectors hanging there as in the 230 series boat? Thanks for the help!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Doesn't help...I am permanently banned at yjb. So links to it don't get me to it. But thanks. Are you using YDS on your boat?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No I have been trying to see if I could acquire the new 2.0 stuff. As much as I hate federal legislation on these types of things, and since it already exists in the Auto realm, the OBD2 legislation allowed small mechanics to read codes off of cars and make available the same equipment to small shops that GM/Ford/Etc use. Now that there is a plethora of emissions control equipment on boats, I was trying to see if the same law would/could apply to boats.

I will probably buy a cable though and see what happens. Just too many things to do before Bimini and not enough days!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a summary of a success story.

Well yes indeed, it works......flawlessly!!
It turned out to be a bad cable.....#$%^&*!!
If you use the diagnostic ports under the helm, you do indeed need to disconnect the plug on the gauge. (thanks guys)
I wanted to be a little closer to the engine so I used the diagnostic plug inside the round inspection cover in the engine compartment, starboard side.
If you use that one, you're basically unplugging the gauge at the engine instead of the helm.
Absolutely love the capabilities of the software.
All in all, would have never know about any of this if it wasn't for this forum.
Thanks folks!!
So it appears as though you can use the cables under the dash without needing to get into the access port. You just have to disconnect the appropriate tach as well.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @steined , yes, you have always had to disconnect the gauges from the feed. I sent my old monkey leash with my 230 when I sold it. I have software, just need to make a leash. I do remember that thread from yjb. I would like verified info on this before I go to the trouble. I say that, because this was a big issue with new boats. And for this single or maybe two that said they got it to work, 50 said it wouldn't. I am not doubting it, but I couldn't get much conversation out of this guy back then. So I just kind of wondered if he really got it to work. Yeah, I know about the workaround to get on yjb. But going there at all just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I know there is reference there, but the more we all build the reference here, the better we all will be. yjb is a dead end and you can't get feedback or replies too much from anyone there now...the knowledge base is here, and we need to generate the threads here instead of using that place. Thanks for the direction, even when I did still go over there occasionally by the method you shared, I can't search without joining, and I refuse to join, even under an alias. yjb and its singular control won't get my help or presence again.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...the knowledge base is here, and we need to generate the threads here instead of using that place.
I totally agree, buy IMHO this forum needs a technical section other than just a general. Sometimes, if you haven't been on for a while certain threads move on so quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: