• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YJB Transfer

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a little poking around on this site, and I see I am not the only one that moved over! The only thing I wish there was is a discussion specific to the Yamaha 4 Strokes.

Does anyone one have a copy of the YDS software? I just rebuilt an engine in an 06 Yamaha SX230 HO and would like to monitor it for a little bit.

Thanks in advance!

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man can't find his Monkey. Can anyone help?

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no monkey! It a bit of a franken-engine. Its a combo of a VX110 engine and the blown SX230 HO engine. I would like to monitor things a little more closely before I spin it up to 10,000 RPM!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome, not sure what you mean about a specific discussion about Yamaha 4 Strokes....do you mean a forum for discussons about them? If so, you found it! Is there a particular topic you'd like to discuss? This is YJB reincarnated without the censorship and drama!

There is a thread on YDS here....easy to find if you go to the home page and in the bottom right, click on poundYDS in the "Trending Topics" section:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/yamaha-diagnostic-system-yds-how-to-read-your-hours-and-errors.84/#post-285

It should also be linked in the FAQ (link in my sig)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Julian. I know what YDS does. I was looking for a downloadable copy of the YDS software. I seemed to have "misplaced" my cd and cable. So I plan to make a cable, I just need the software :)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ryan, The YDS software belongs to Yamaha and we respect Yamaha'a copyright to the software.

I believe there are several cable options with software on Ebay for less than $100.

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Understood. I can appreciate that. Does anyone have experience with a loud intermediate bearing? I bought the boat with being able to hear either engine run. The engine that was bad sat for a fair amount of time, and so did the intermediate bearing. I was trying to grease it after my engine install, only to find about a 3 inch section of dried grease. I removed it from the line and now greased the bearing. It seems to quiet some as the grease is given time to penetrate. Any chance the excess noise is from sitting and a lack of grease, or is the damage already done?

Previous owner must not have grease them EVER!!!!!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad you found us, you may look at the member map to see if there is anybody around you,

greasing the intermediate bearing is something we heard a lot about, many members mention the layers of different grease they squeeze out of the line when they clean it, I chose to clean the whole line before installing new grease last year and glad I did, I would run it awhile and just pay attention to it,

That was a very good write up at YJB about converting the non-ho motor into a HO, could you post that thread/ information over here so we can have a record of it, I'm sure somebody will ask about it in the future,

Scott

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will work on that. The conversion is complete. Engine seems well. The ice left most lakes around here about a week ago. I don't have much time on it yet because of that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Ryan Vogels does it sound loud on the trailer or also in the water? These boats make a heck of a clatter on the trailer. @Murf'n'surf just had a bearing go, and I think he described it as something like "a raccoon in a clothes dryer with a brick" (or something equally as amusing). I'd run her on the water and see how she does. Murf will weigh in with his opinion I'm sure.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm amazed every time I see that pic @Murf'n'surf. Cause of you I pulled my cones a few weeks ago and all was good. Thanks for the heads up.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha! You're amazed and my stomach turns! Glad I can share my story and hopefully prevent anyone else from finding this little surprise.

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf i think mine is a bearing further in, the intermediate bearing. I may get to set the boat in the water again this weekend. I think i have the bugs ironed out.

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gym i will work on a post explaining the conversion. Hopefully it can be good enough to be sticky material.