• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulled the trigger this weekend on a 2016 AR240!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Officially a Yamaha owner as of two days ago. Excited to get her in the water this coming weekend (we take delivery on Tuesday). Going to post in a different thread about what bolt pattern and tire/rim size these trailers come with.
But super happy to see how she runs. Look forward to virtually meeting some of you soon!

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Officially a Yamaha owner as of two days ago. Excited to get her in the water this coming weekend (we take delivery on Tuesday). Going to post in a different thread about what bolt pattern and tire/rim size these trailers come with.
But super happy to see how she runs. Look forward to virtually meeting some of you soon!
Congrats rsg. You are gonna love that thing. Not sure what kind of boat you had before, but man, the jets are just crazy good. Welcome!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new boat.

Ps. For some reason, 5 lug on 3.5" spacing comes to mind on my trailer bolt pattern. But that could change year to year. So results may vary ;)

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!!! On Sunday got same in blue. Will be a bit longer for delivery as they are installing speakers and transom lights. Enjoy.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Emilio22 - that sounds like some nice upgrades. We'd love to see some pics when you get it done!

(I'm still trying to talk the wife into some transom lights)

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats! Remember, practice before you load up the family and friends. Even with the articulating keel, it is still not your family car. A few hours of practice runs, docking, and trailering on a quiet weekday can make you look like a pro on a busy weekend at the boat ramp! Congrats again!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! We took delivery Tuesday night and took her out for 1.5 hours (break-in time) I will try to add a pic soon.
The trailers lugs are 5 on 4.5 I found out.
I see in a lot of member's sig's that there are multiple items everyone seems to add or modify. Like the Bow roller on the trailer, maybe the tow point hook, Perko switch, or ???
Are there some items most seem to agree upon that should be added or modded? I'd love to get a jump on that part if possible.
I am already replacing the rims and tires with larger rims and LT tires, already ordered the Stoltz roller, and will be replacing the trailer jack with a Fulton XLT Sharkskin unit.
Currently charging the two batteries as I am SURE the dealership just took them off the shelf and installed them.
Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It depends upon whom you ask. If you ask @Bruce then you will be putting a fridge in your boat!:winkingthumbsup"

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@rsg1963 - Here's just a small list of the most common modifications:

First - make sure you are good on being legal and safe. Plenty of PFDs, fire extinguishers, and make sure everyone on the boat knows what to do in an emergency.

ok guys - what did I miss?

Most importantly have fun and be safe!! :thumbsup:

Please read this - https://jetboaters.net/threads/drowning-doesnt-look-like-drowning-read-this-please.732/page-2#post-156597

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The newer trailers probably have a better bow stop, and the winch on the Shorelandr is plenty if you don't intend to try to winch the boat home. Many of us are power loaders, so the standard winch works well on the shorlandr and not so good on the MFI. The new trailers also have boat buckles so that is done too. Some may feel the additional fins are needed even on an articulating keel boat, but try first and you decide. Congrats again!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@txav8r - How are your boat buckles holding up? I'm guessing by your location that you use fresh water mostly to boat in. My Shorelander supplied buckles are rusted to hell with our brackish water. They are only a season old and are rinsed off after every use.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963

LED lights both under water and in the boat. For the in boat lights, preferably RGB with a controller to change the colors and/or have them snyc with your music.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963 - Here's just a small list of the most common modifications:

First - make sure you are good on being legal and safe. Plenty of PFDs, fire extinguishers, and make sure everyone on the boat knows what to do in an emergency.

Most importantly have fun and be safe!! :thumbsup:

Please read this - https://jetboaters.net/threads/drowning-doesnt-look-like-drowning-read-this-please.732/page-2#post-156597
Excellent Bennie, and thank you for taking the time to add all of this, it's just what I needed.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r - How are your boat buckles holding up? I'm guessing by your location that you use fresh water mostly to boat in. My Shorelander supplied buckles are rusted to hell with our brackish water. They are only a season old and are rinsed off after every use.
Boat buckles are also made in stainless steel. But if you spray them with boeshield or similar, as well as flushing them, I suspect you will do better. Also, having the webbing soaked in saltwater and leaving it wet may speed the damage. Probably a good idea to release tension in storage and hang to dry. Baiting in brackish or salt water really increases your chores.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to you guys, so far I have:
Break-in hours are over
Cobra Jet steering on the way
Handles for the bow on the way
Yamaha mooring cover on the way
Interior RBG lighting on the way (still want to know how to best run this and where to stick them.)
Stolz bow roller
Plenty of fenders and a way to quickly attach and remove them.
PFD's for 10 people plus a throw unit, sky flares, air horn, 2 extinguishers, tow rope.

What I want to add:
Killer tower speakers and upgraded internal speakers, need to learn more on how this works, do I add an amp and speakers to the existing system, or??
Black Wakeboard swing in rack
Same decking inside the boat as is on the swim platform. Already bought the engine step and bow mats that match the swim platform.