• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any good <Scarab Jet Boats>

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are mounted with universal mounts and can be upgraded. But, each zone has a separate amp. There are 3 of them. The tower speakers have their own volume control knob which is awesome. There is also a deep glove box where the radio is. The radio is the nice Sony with bluetooth. There is a 12v outlet and a separate usb input with a jack for the non bloetooth accessories.

Im going to add a couple 20" Rigid led bars to the tower for night visibility. There is a spare switch to add them with a circuit braker.

Are the tower speakers permanent mount on the outside? Or can you add/change with that tower. Boat looks great. Enjoy!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @ScarabMike. Our forum is for all types of jet boats so we are glad to have you!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce!!

Ok guys, here is more info as im reading my owners manual.

The trailer is galvanized with a gatorhyde coat. This is the same with the wake tower. The tower itself has some kind of cabling system that helps lowering and raising it. Almost like a lift assist. It also doesnt let the tower smack anything when transporting.
The boat comes with a removable cooler that is accessed by the passenger cubby.
There is a different looking snap on carpet used. It looks almost woven, and it will let water go through it. There is also a stainless steel drain for it.
Looking at the wake tower, the rope hookup has a navigation light on it. LED too.
The interior has a ton of blue led lights. Really cool.
Trailer has brakes (disk) and brass ratcheting transom tie downs.

Ill update with more as I find the info,lol.

Welcome aboard @ScarabMike. Our forum is for all types of jet boats so we are glad to have you!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great looking boat Mike! Welcome aboard. We are all excited to get feedback on these new boats.

One tip I can give you is that even though your system is closed loop, you need to flush if you run in salt. If your setup is like a SeaDoo ski, you need to flush because saltwater runs through the heat exchanger and ride plate.

Cheers and enjoy that sweet ride!

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I think bimini 2015 should have your scarab come along.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can bet on it! Ive been looking at all the videos from everyone that has gone from here. That trip is now on my bucket list. I would also love to launch somewhere in Key West, and head over to Fort Jefferson. That place is AMAZING!

I think bimini 2015 should have your scarab come along.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely Murf, Ive been watching Jetboatpilot's videos. Some really good info. Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Great looking boat Mike! Welcome aboard. We are all excited to get feedback on these new boats.

One tip I can give you is that even though your system is closed loop, you need to flush if you run in salt. If your setup is like a SeaDoo ski, you need to flush because saltwater runs through the heat exchanger and ride plate.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking boat. Looks pretty spacious for a 19' and I like some of the features you list. Without question, Scarab took a long look at the Yamaha to make sure they could compete and had some good selling points. Hopefully Yamaha will do the same and both brands will benefit.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly,

I think all of the jet boats look great, and address whatever need their buyers are looking for. While Yamaha from what I have seen here are tried and true, reliable, and have a very deep following. The Chaparral, Scarab, and Glastron boats are the newcomers and will have to get very innovative to compete. I agree that the competition will force the companies to try new things, and in the end create a better product on all sides of the table.

Nice looking boat. Looks pretty spacious for a 19' and I like some of the features you list. Without question, Scarab took a long look at the Yamaha to make sure they could compete and had some good selling points. Hopefully Yamaha will do the same and both brands will benefit.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Honestly, I think all of the jet boats look great, and address whatever need their buyers are looking for. While Yamaha from what I have seen here are tried and true, reliable, and have a very deep following. The Chaparral, Scarab, and Glastron boats are the newcomers and will have to get very innovative to compete. I agree that the competition will force the companies to try new things, and in the end create a better product on all sides of the table.
AMEN ! Well said !
Gonna be a real pleasure having you and your boat here !
Enjoy ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats. Cant wait to here about the boat and how it runs and feels. We are always looking for something new. Let us know how it goes. One question does it have cleanout ports. Where we boat always has some grass and weeds. Not a major issue but sometimes I do have to utilize those ports

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length

Yes, I believe also the exhaust is open loop as well. Only the engine is closed loop. I just finished the 10 hour break-in on my Rotax, so now the fun will begin here!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so today was the sea trial. The weather has been bad here in FL. A couple notes on this boat.

1. Its LOUD! I personally love the supercharger sound, and dont mind. But it drones to the point you have to talk loud with the person next to you.
2. I only have 2 hours on the motor, so its still in the break in period. I noticed 7200-7300rpm and 30 mph.
3. The boat is super light, and the turning is amazing! The steering wheel feels like my 135i. The boat drives like its on rails.
4. 1000000% better than my Sea Ray 190 sport on choppy water and crossing over wakes. Very solid feeling.
5. At cruise mode, you can smell some exhaust from the rear. But the motor is extremely rich for the break in hours.
6. Seats are comfortable, just like a sports car. You'll need the bolster support......
7. The stainless steel "195" fell off. Granted there has already been a recall on the windshield, and it was completely replaced.

More to come!!! I love it so far!

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
1) Yeah, I was hoping for a bit quieter (as compared to my twin 717's on my last SeaDoo boat), but the supercharger whir is nice.
2) Once you reach 5 hours, the 7k limits falls off, but you still don't want to spend a lot of time at 8k. Mine is in for the 10 hour service right now. I have heard that things are even better once that is done! I hit 40 mph, but it is a small lake and I never kept it WOT for more than 10 seconds.
3) Yay donuts!
5) I haven't experienced that issue, but perhaps that is due to my extended swim platform.
7) What was your windshield recall? I ask because I also had a windshield installation issue. Maybe I was the cause of the recall!

Real nice boat. I am jealous!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got to bring it home!!!! The weather has sucked, so I couldn't take it out in the water. Honestly the fit and finish is really good. I also noticed today that the hull has a step to it like the Regal Fast-Trac system. Im surprised it isnt mentioned anywhere. Also, if you get the Impulse, the mooring cover is very nice. It uses the tow point on the wake tower to pull it tight with a pulley system.

I noticed that some of the wiring on the trailer is exposed, so Ill be installing some wire loom to protect them against the elements.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That thing is screaming to be tinted.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll agree with the most recent price increase that it is nearly unwarranted. But I also wonder if all of their boats come with CARB stuff now? That probably costs a good chunk in extras....
Not all boats have the CARB Crap. . . . . and they should only charge more for THOSE boats.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
5. At cruise mode, you can smell some exhaust from the rear. But the motor is extremely rich for the break in hours.
More to come!!! I love it so far!
Just remember, after break in even when not quite as rich. . . . You may not be able to smell it but CO2 is STILL THERE.