• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 19th - 26th 2022

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all,

Tis April and as promised I'm going to start texting/email everyone to start a chain outside this forum. If you don't see an email/text from me within the next day or two, PM me here and I'll be sure to get everyone included!

As promised, my contact details are:

Phone: 615-946-5565
Email: pprocacci@gmail.com

@rocky4x479 You're details are the only one I'm missing.

817-733-8048

Rocky4x479@hotmail.com

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Just an update for those following! Great crossing yesterday!! Our first time, group of 7 boats! We're here in Bimini and its truly paradise!!! Will definitely do this again!!!

Dmiller2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Glad to hear. How where the seas? We head over July 15 with a few other boats.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly where does said trip start and go to? I am looking at maps and I see a lot of different "Bimini" locations.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly where does said trip start and go to? I am looking at maps and I see a lot of different "Bimini" locations.
Bimini Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

This will help.https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I passed this group on my way back to Ft Lauderdale from Bimini. They had the perfect day to cross. They left Ft Lauderdale in lake like conditions that picked up to about one ft seas about 15 miles off shore but it was a perfect crossing day. I had never in all my crossins seen it lay down like it did close to to Ft Lauderdale it is usually always a little rough close to shore. We had people depart from Bimini in my group from 6am to noon and all said it was a great day.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@pprocacci @AshleyPro83 How was parking at Harbor Town? Where did you end up staying overnight before launch? Just prepping for my trip July 9-16
They did fill up on the Saturday from what I was told but there was a very calm seas Bimini was packed. When I launched on Tuesday I had not issues with parking.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bimini Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

This will help.https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/
@Bruce I'm glad we got to experience the older version of Bimini its a different world now. There were cruise ships there almost everyday of our trip. The island was packed with people renting golf carts and exploring and the Sapona, plane wrecks and other dive spots were packed with tour boats and jets ski tours as excursion from the cruises. It is no longer the quaint little sleepy island we once knew.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heard that Gas is supposed to be arriving tomorrow....
They had gas on Sunday when we left if they are out again they must of just run out. They were out for four day though last week.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
So this is @pprocacci. I'm not bothering to login since my wife's laptop is sitting right here. Just wanted to provide specifics that might be useful for future boaters that are bringing a large 275SD across.

Occupants: 9 (3 adults, 6 children)
Total "people weight": 1100 lbs (estimated)
+180 lbs in extra fuel (4 x 5g jugs).
Onboard water tank dry. (0 lbs)

The onboard toilet area (that we don't use as a toilet) was packed with our food, and the hatch filled to the brim with an assortment of drinks.
It's hard to put a weight on this. For simplicity I'm going to estimate at 400lbs.

The crossing wasn't at all like a lake (like lake Norman which is virtually flat all the time), but perhaps like one of the Great Lakes.

Like robert said above, the crossing was in our favor. From Ft. Lauderdale to approx 7-10 miles off the cost of Bimini, I estimated the wave heights at a solid 1 for most of the trip with the occasional 1.5. Time between waves was good too. Honestly didn't pay much attention to this as it was negligable and didn't matter one bit.

Once 7-10 miles off of Bimini the heights increased to in my estimate a much more solid 1.5 with the occasional 2.

Fuel Burn: We clocked in at 1.1 mpg @ 30 mph and we ate up 57% of our 90 gallons in fuel according to onboard instraments.

What problems we had? Damn seaweed clogging our ports TWICE. The stuff was everywhere. Other than that, nothing at all. Clear sailing.

When we get back to the states and have the time to post a follow up from our vacation I'll have a bunch of pics and videos to share.

I want to thank everyone who has provided a lot of insight here of the many months we started planning.

It's much appreciated.
~Paul

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So this is @pprocacci. I'm not bothering to login since my wife's laptop is sitting right here. Just wanted to provide specifics that might be useful for future boaters that are bringing a large 275SD across.

Occupants: 9 (3 adults, 6 children)
Total "people weight": 1100 lbs (estimated)
+180 lbs in extra fuel (4 x 5g jugs).
Onboard water tank dry. (0 lbs)

The onboard toilet area (that we don't use as a toilet) was packed with our food, and the hatch filled to the brim with an assortment of drinks.
It's hard to put a weight on this. For simplicity I'm going to estimate at 400lbs.

The crossing wasn't at all like a lake (like lake Norman which is virtually flat all the time), but perhaps like one of the Great Lakes.

Like robert said above, the crossing was in our favor. From Ft. Lauderdale to approx 7-10 miles off the cost of Bimini, I estimated the wave heights at a solid 1 for most of the trip with the occasional 1.5. Time between waves was good too. Honestly didn't pay much attention to this as it was negligable and didn't matter one bit.

Once 7-10 miles off of Bimini the heights increased to in my estimate a much more solid 1.5 with the occasional 2.

Fuel Burn: We clocked in at 1.1 mpg @ 30 mph and we ate up 57% of our 90 gallons in fuel according to onboard instraments.

What problems we had? Damn seaweed clogging our ports TWICE. The stuff was everywhere. Other than that, nothing at all. Clear sailing.

When we get back to the states and have the time to post a follow up from our vacation I'll have a bunch of pics and videos to share.

I want to thank everyone who has provided a lot of insight here of the many months we started planning.

It's much appreciated.
~Paul
We need photos!!!1

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

Attachments

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was an absolutely perfect crossing back, the way over had some bumps but overall this was an absolutely perfect trip. Had 5 jets and two prop jobs on trip. Our crew hit the sapona, honeymoon , plane wreck and the light house on great issac. Had a rough water day where we explored north Bimini via golf cart. Bimini bread may have spoiled me that stuff was amazing we ate 3 loafs while on island lol. We left a day early and missed out on the sea turtles(reason to return)

pprocacci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
As promised.

Note, I'm not a videographer nor an audiophile. I just picked a song that sounded catchy and put relevant clips and images from our trip.

Note: Adblock to block the stupid ads. ;)

Enjoy em!