• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Two new additions.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Added two stainless cup holders this afternoon. Wasn't too terribly hard to do, just a little dusty. Just need to find something to put in them!! :)

WP_20140426_001.jpg

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice spots..these Yamahas are just too accommodating.. looks great

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian ... so you noticed that, good eye!! Don't know how it happened, guess I stepped on it or something.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually it was @jetboater4life ..that caught that..since you have yo replace it might as well look at locking ones . There is a thread on here about that. How long have you had the Hyrdo Teak?

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jetboater4life ... sorry about that, don't know why I thought you were Julian.

@Lspeedss ... it came with the boat and its only on the swim deck. As far as liking it, it gets very hot in the summer. You have to wet it down to keep it cool enough to walk on. But it is great to have on the deck for added footing and protection. Would like to know if all aftermarket material like that gets that hot in the summer.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian did you go with Hydroteak or Sea deck teak?

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I like the Sea deck. Closed cell and beveled cuts.. to me worth the extra..

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you install drain lines for the cup holders?

I have been thinking about doing the same but want to make sure that they are drained.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce ... no, I didn't. Plan to seal the bottom so that they won't drain into the boat. I was getting tired and didn't want to take the cover off the clean-out plugs in order to attach a drain line. But I will ask this, would it be a problem if they did drain into the boat?? My boat is covered during the time when I'm not there and the only water I can think of that might get in there is the back wash from slowing down. What are your thoughts??

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The cup holders are likely to catch their volume of water each time your wake or other waves wash over the swim deck. The bilge pump will pump it out if enough accumulates.

I am going to add cup holders in the same positions and will let you know how I do on plumbing a drain.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I thought I remembered someone else that added cupholders on the swim deck and it was OperationROL. He used the same style of cupholder with a draining nipple on the bottom. His post states that he used a 3/8 inch tube and ran it to the cleanout drain tubing. If I knew how to link something it would make it a little easier for you. I searched "cupholders" and it was in Latest mod...adding cupholders.
https://jetboaters.net/posts/16751/

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the bilge open now. Using the bilge cover drain is a good idea. I think I will do that. I am starting at the back working my way forward and hoping to make it out on the water next Sunday.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took this weekend to change spark plugs in the boat and waverunner. Was able to get out and enjoy both toys a little before I started on the cupholder. Won't be at the lake again for 3 weeks, headed to Sanibel Florida next weekend for a week. I'm thinking of renting a boat while there to do a little site-seeing by water.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have the bilge open now. Using the bilge cover drain is a good idea. I think I will do that. I am starting at the back working my way forward and hoping to make it out on the water next Sunday.
Weather permitting, I may make it out on the water this coming weekend!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The harbor freight tool is cheap, but a hole saw would be much easier and more stable.