• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

05 AR230 Fuel Gauge Sender Swap

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I'm concerned my ethanol content varies in Houston, and the float would seem more accurate for me.

I'll take a look.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This was the replacement I used for my 05 AR230 on the right. Hope that helps.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. I'm concerned my ethanol content varies in Houston, and the float would seem more accurate for me.

I'll take a look.
The new version of the non-float style resets the capacitance level at each fill up. So as long as you don't do partial fills, it was always accurate on mine.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still working on getting the boat, I think there is a 90% chance the deal will pan out.

With my current boat I have from time to time used gas cans to refuel and I may add 10 or 20g at a time from cans fillef at the pump, and then may top off later at Marina, so fuel from different pumps in different quantities end up mixed it.

The more I've done it, the least cost effective it seems. I need to carry the fuel by hand a good 50 yards, plus time to transfer fuel.

Thanks for The info!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still working on getting the boat, I think there is a 90% chance the deal will pan out.

With my current boat I have from time to time used gas cans to refuel and I may add 10 or 20g at a time from cans fillef at the pump, and then may top off later at Marina, so fuel from different pumps in different quantities end up mixed it.

The more I've done it, the least cost effective it seems. I need to carry the fuel by hand a good 50 yards, plus time to transfer fuel.

Thanks for The info!
I've been doing the same thing @Beachbummer. While I can't do anything about your local g walk, I did take the advice of a member on here and ordered a super siphon for about $7. It emptys a 6 gal fuEl container in about 2.5 minutes. I usually do 2 containers at a time.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are awesome. I put on a larger diameter hose and a piece of PVC on the boat end to shove it in the boat securely (the hose outer diameter did not fit in the tank hole). Getting the jar higher also speeds up the transfer a bit.

Smassey22180

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving old thread...

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-F2A-U824B-00-00.html

Does this part use a float? Based on the pictures it seems to. Could anyone familiar confirm?

Thanks!
I received that part last month and yes it had a float just like the OEM one in my 09. That part number is the OEM for most of the boats now. I assume they have switched away from the float-less sensors. Probably because they are cheaper and Yamaha seems to go the cheapest route. My float would no longer float. It probably got destroyed by ethanol. We run car gas here in FL because we boat year round and the gas does not go bad :).