• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1st Time out on new Boat.!!!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally made it out on the boat this weekend!!!
Drove RV and boat out to Needles California, Pirates Cove campground and Marina.
Five hours from San Diego.

Boat worked out awesome.
We did some tubing, cruising, and two of us even WakeSurfed behind it...Ropeless

Water was 59-62° in different parts of the river.
My daughter had a wetsuit, I did not. It was very cold.

This was 25 miles north of Lake Havasu

Feel free to hit me with questions on this Thread about Trip , Boat, vehicles. I took notes....

Took a roundabout way to embed them for you....

View attachment 2990
View attachment 2991
View attachment 2992
View attachment 2993
View attachment 2994

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's an awesome looking rig! That boat is gorgeous! The interior is so different from what I'm used to seeing.

How was it to use the rv to launch and retrieve? I'm assuming that's what you did.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's an awesome looking rig! That boat is gorgeous! The interior is so different from what I'm used to seeing.

How was it to use the rv to launch and retrieve? I'm assuming that's what you did.

x2!

The boat looks awesome!

How was the RV launching the boat? I have dreams of one day buying an RV, hooking up the boat and hitting the road for a couple of years splashing around in all of the major lakes along the way.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
X3 very nice set up..

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm jealous, we couldn't even think about watersports here yet. It snowed and was 36. Love the red fenders on the black trailer/boat, very nice rig.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW !!!!! that looks like a great boat and camper, We look forward to seeing some more surf pictures,

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took a roundabout way to embed them for you....(copied their url and inserted them with the image icon)
Wow! That's better ... Thanks. ... I could not fix... Don't know why they did that either.

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is one fancy boat, sir.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm jealous, we couldn't even think about watersports here yet. It snowed and was 36. Love the red fenders on the black trailer/boat, very nice rig.
.....weather was nice..80-90c..... Water was cold for me , 60deg
I surfed off back swim deck , launched dry.
When I fell , I was almost shocked at how cold it was ..... Wife made pick up without hesitation ... Whew!!!

This boat came with a 4 outlet heater,,,,,,, it was used and appreciated by all,, especially at sunset ...

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Thanks,
RV launch and Recovered the Boat quite well. Launch ramp was excellent at this location, I don't know if I'll have troubles yet. Lol.

It did tow better than expected, tracked and rode better than my Tundra or Sequoia. .....
Boat, trailer, fuel and gear were around 6000 or so
We had a Ranger Side by Side in RV garage too. 1000 lbs.
RV dropped down to 55-60 on some steep interstate climbs. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, you have a setup any family would be lucky to enjoy! Nice work!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes. Nice setup.
But let's talk about the boat - how was it? Driving, handling, slow speed/high speed characteristics? Docking?
Knowing that most inboards pull to the right when backing - how was it?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes. Nice setup.
But let's talk about the boat - how was it? Driving, handling, slow speed/high speed characteristics? Docking?
Knowing that most inboards pull to the right when backing - how was it?
In short.
Driving was a dream....Low speed maneuvering was hard.....

Driving, cruising was absolutely Rock Solid and Quiet as we hoped , 30-35 mph still had easy effortless conversation with stereo on too. 8 speaker + sub systems was excellent.
Power steering made things easy... You can let go of wheel and Nothing bad happens.

Hull is tight and firm over chop and passing wakes... Boat cruises higher than I thought.

Pulling a tube with Cruise control on is awesome... My kids like to be Zig Zagged across wake...
With cruise on , you can crank the wheel hard and accelerate into whips automatically , ...really helps control bleed off of speed in S turns. That was a hit for us.

430 hp on tap is nice, AutoLaunch pulls rider up and to exact speed , every time..
No thumbs up and down for wakesurfing .... Just throw hammer down and watch in Giant Rear View mirror. Wow.

Boat is quiet for Cruising , but if you want to hear this motor or let others know what's inside ....
...a bump from 3800 to 5800 rpm removes all doubt as to what powers this boat.
It is a well tuned Mean V8, and it sounds insane wide open.

By Prop and Design these hulls max at maybe 50?
We went 46mph .... A different prop may yield more top speed. But 25-35 was just fine for cruising IMO

Docking and low Speed Maneuvering.
Single Inboards reverse to left or right only - our is right.
It's not fun but we are getting used to it.....
As with all boats approach dock slow enough to stop by hand... We did.

The Yamaha was superior in my opinion .... I could really handle our Yamaha around tight places in the end...

Just trying to retrieve the WakeSurf board was a challenge ....

StearDrives/I/Os win this battle for me....

I was able to stab the trailer square on the very 1st try....
Whew!!!!!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been following your ride from the beginning. I'm glad you ended up with the x30 - it's an awesome boat, so much better than that x80. You and your family will enjoy it for years to come.
I find myself oogling an X25 every single day as I drive past it going to and from work. I hope the dealer moves it inside soon so I don't have to see it anymore. :mad:

Thanks for sharing.

Now don't forget to stick up for us on MC TeamTalk when they start trash talking our oversized jetskis. The wake boat forums can be a pretty brutal crowd. ;)

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup, X25 is a sweet boat too!!! .... We stumbled across to X30 and fell for it...

I always take the high road in the TeamTalk forum.... Not too bad though...
I don't go to others , but I heard some can be harsh....
Just don't brag about your Truck on any forum....LOL

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love the whole rv, boat and ranger set up. I'd have waverunners in place of the ranger but having the option to take it all with me would be awesome.

Where do you store the rv when you aren't using it? Options are slim around me, either pay a little to store it far away and out doors or pay alo tot store it close and outdoors.