• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2011 242 Limited S TOWER For Sale

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
did that sunken boat have a galvanized trailer that might be needing a new home ?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was lucky enough to get a 2014 tower from a boat that sunk
But on a more serious note - if anyone knows about a 2015+ 242 X model that sunk or was totaled - I am looking for an X tower. I would be happy to pay a nice finder's fee!

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But on a more serious note - if anyone knows about a 2015+ 242 X model that sunk or was totaled - I am looking for an X tower. I would be happy to pay a nice finder's fee!

--
maybe @Water Girl can ride with @Julian !!!!! I am sure probably has his boat insured for like $90K

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please tell us you were not there (when that boat sunk).

--
Well if I was I would of gotten more parts hahahaha!!
No I have Amar to thank for finding it!!

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well if that’s was I would of gotten more parts hahahaha!!
No I have Amar to thank for finding it!!
Now it all makes sense...
@Amar Nanduri to poor boat owner: You keep going. Those boats can take, i have seen it while crossing to Bimini.
one hour later Amar call water girl: hey I found the tower you were looking for

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri If you run across one of those new 242X towers still attached to a boat being parted out - by any chance - let me know! I want one.

New, these towers are pushing 10k with all the hardware... hard to believe.

--

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri If you run across one of those new 242X towers still attached to a boat being parted out - by any chance - let me know! I want one.

--
Totally believe! I think my tower is about 6k new! Whew!
I have two friends with 2016 ARs and they tend to live “dangerously” I will certainly follow them on the water for you @swatski haha

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

--
10k for a stupid tower ? Wow .

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
10k for a stupid tower ? Wow .
@swatski Didn't IRMA get any Yamaha victims ? It almost got us with our trailer from the Keys to Jacksonville. That was one wild ride, and just as we started enjoying snorkeling on the reefs in the keys ....

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Totally believe! I think my tower is about 6k new! Whew!
I have two friends with 2016 ARs and they tend to live “dangerously” I will certainly follow them on the water for you @swatski haha
@Water Girl you have luck written all over your face Lol.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please tell us you were not there (when that boat sunk).

--
Now now @swatski i think @Water Girl is nice enough not to not see a Sinking boat pull up like watergirl - hey you all ok?
Boat - No we are sinking
Watergirl - Oh damn, jump on ill save you all
Boat - you the coolest thanks..wait were are you going with a Snorkel and that 3/4 socket?

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
Oh just buy the whole boat @swatski not going to lie the thought has crossed my mind as well. Here I will help you shop!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-YAMAHA-242-LIMITED-S-E-SERIES-BRAND-NEW-MARINE-CLEARANCE-SALE-ALL-MUST-GO/272957940612?hash=item3f8d8fa384:g:dcQAAOSwLsBZVrQD&vxp=mtr

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Are you calling my tower stupid? LOL

Yeah...the parts pricing on them is crazy high....
No @Julian . I am calling the seller of the tower (Yamaha) stupid for charging 10k. Its not like it is made of gold or has AI built in. It is a piece of metal with some screws to hold it in place (which they did a poor job of..ask @swatski )

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No @Julian . I am calling the seller of the tower (Yamaha) stupid for charging 10k. Its not like it is made of gold or has AI built in. It is a piece of metal with some screws to hold it in place (which they did a poor job of..ask @swatski )
well the AR's tower are build by Artificial Intelligence. However, the term "Artificial" must be interpreted as "fake"

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Holy cow. That sticker is insane! assuming there is no catch.

Man, I'm trying to decide if you are a good influence on me..., LOL.

Well, as much as I would hate to give Yamaha my money I like pretty much everything about the 2017 242 LSE except the shower tank. It's also good timing, between the models.
I'll be darned.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Noooooooo!
Must stay focused...
I can use a X tower. Must not buy a new boat.
Staying focused.

--
The price on that is higher than I was quoted form Riva back in the spring but is a good price. If I was really going to change the tower out I would just buy the boat to make life easy. I would like the larger tower and have thought about going back and upgrading a few times but then better sense takes hold and I realize I'm good with my boat and the next upgrade prob will have a Yamaha outboard instead.

KEVIN K

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi! Selling my original tower off my 2011 242 Limited S. Replaced it with a foldable tower from a 2014 due to the fact it will be on a dry rack next season.
Has the white light mod on top of tow point.
Also, water had gotten into one of the rungs and expanded it a bit 3 years ago. No one notices it unless it’s pointed out. Tower structurally fine, crossed the bad waters to Bimini this year with no issue. I have the framework for the Bimini top attached still, and have the bimini top, however the back seam tore out of it last year. Probably a 10 minute fix for someone with a sewing machine.
It’s apart in 3 pieces now. $600 View attachment 66106View attachment 66106 View attachment 66107View attachment 66108 View attachment 66110