• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR210 in Greenville NC

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bought my first boat, a 2014 AR210, few weeks ago from Twin County Motorsports. Been lurking for a long time on this site as well as others. Finally decided to pull the trigger. Went round and round between new vs used, 24ft vs 21 ft, MR1 vs 1.8L. Being my first boat, other than canoes, I am happy with my decision. With 2 young boys (5&8) Ar210 has done everything we have wanted it to do. 8 year old already proclaiming he's going to be a professional wake-boarder after his first trip out. He's got the hair for it.

I'm already spending $$$ like I'm dying (all the standard boat crap, tube, tube pumps, wakeboard, ropes, thrust vectors, keel guards, stoltz bow rollers (have interesting emails from shorelandr cust serv rep regarding this situation if anyone cares). I was warned this spending would happen, but just didn't realize it would take hold so fast. Also dreaming about a bigger truck as Honda Ridgeline does get boat from point A to point B, but my dad's F150 Ecoboost does it a whole lot better. But that's gonna have to wait for a while.

I was also initially worried about loading/unloading boat as my wife refuses to drive boat or truck. But this has been a non-issue at the ramp (so far).

Hopefully I can be as much help to someone else as all the contributors have been to me so far. Have already sucked up a plastic bag and it caused an awful sounding noise/vibration. But thanks to forum, I shut boat down, pulled clean outs, removed bag, fired it back up and off we went. Less than a 2 minutes. Looked like a pro. Thanks,
Josh

photo.JPG

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @mrmeaniemeateaterman I think you get the award for the longest name so far, glad to have you here.. the 8 year old has good form already!!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome!!! Since you live in Greenville, NC I bet you spend a lot of your time/money at Oveton's, I noticed your son's life vest is from there.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Years ago the wife went through vegetarian phase. Every time I wanted a cheeseburger, I became "Mr Meanie Meat Eater Man". It unfortunately it has stuck.

I do buy a lot of stuff at Overton's. I guess other than Thrust Vectors it has all come from Overton's. Brother in law used to work there so I got the family discount (unfortunately for me he just moved). Plus I can pick up anything in stock at the distribution warehouse the same day. No shipping, instant gratification.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As much stuff as I have bought from Overton's in the last 2 weeks, I should be allowed to do at least one lap around Lake Kristi! :jimlad: (for those that aren't from around here Lake Kristi is a private, man made lake that Mr. Overton specifically built as a training area for his daughter Kristi who eventually became a professional skier/world record holder).

Back in reality though I am running up and down the tar river & pamlico sound. Did first trial run/break in on Buckhorn Lake in Wilson. How I ever got it back on the trailer that first day without fins is still a mystery. Did spend a few days on Lake Jordan as well. Parents have a camper so between the camper and boat, life is good.

photo.JPG

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@mrmeaniemeateaterman I almost bought a bought from Twin city. Very nice people to work with and super low prices. Looks like you are enjoying the new boat. I haven't taken delivery of mine yet but I can't wait. I also question my tow vehicle, I own a 2005 V8 4runner it will tow 7000lbs. It will do the job for now but question a long trip. The wife told me I could get a new truck (F150 Ecoboost) or a boat. I picked the boat since I will need the truck soon (she hasn't figured out my tactics yet).....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome @mrmeaniemeateaterman. Your boat is the best investment in family fun...This forum is the best investment in your boat. I can see from your list of equipment and mods you've spent some time here. That's a great shot of your, future, professional wake boarder. Looking forward to seeing some action shots/vids. Have a great summer with your family on your new boat. Love the avatar.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Did take the GoPro out last weekend but just too much going on with my low comfort level to actually try to manage that as well. The future pro wakeboarder is all about me making his bmx action videos. Will have to add wake boarding videos to his list. Here's his last bmx video that he checks weekly to see how many views he has.

@Helipilot11 I don't know your wife but I guarantee she knows your tactics, she's just not calling you out on it. :D

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

Obviously you are one who takes careful notes, as I notice all the photos you posted. The group here loves that!

Happy to have you here.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another NC Yammie owner! If you ever make it toward the coast, give me shout. It was rainy here all last weekend so we drove to Greenville just to meander around Overtons.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian .....we really need to get on the ball next year and do a gathering in NC. I have seen no less than 20 Yamahas this year between Morehead and Wilmington. I guess I need some business cards to start recruitment! We are planning to go to Cape Lookout and Shackleford banks next weekend. .....if it doesnt rain again!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm game for this! I had gatherings here for 3 years and didn't organize one this year as we were going to Shelbyville and my wife was manager of our swim team and we were really busy!

The best one we had was at Lake Gaston. That was because - like Shelbyville, we were all at one resort so we all interacted and mingled. So I'd suggest we either go there or find a similar place with multiple cabins and docks.....

It was Stonehouse Timber Lodge....

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds pretty good.....and even if people cant commit to something like that, a nice weekend here on the coast would be pretty cool as well. Somewhere between Wrightsville and Beaufort maybe?

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @mrmeaniemeateaterman, would love to see pics of your new boat. We bought a used AR210 at the beginning of this season and have really enjoyed it. It has done everything we've asked from it and then some. Now that you have all the necessities for your boat, you will need to start a mod list. Like you, I trolled on this site and others to learn all about Yamaha boats and how to take care of them. There are lots of really great and experienced people here and always ready to help.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@spaz1868 here are some pics from our first family outing. I can tell it's the first as the carpet is still in the boat (hasn't been in since). I have been meaning to drag the GoPro out to get some in the water shots, but...well. Looking back at all my pictures so far it has been cloudy/raining in all of them. I swear it has rained every weekend since I bought this thing! It's raining now, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this. Sorry fellow NC boaters, guess rain is my fault.

@redthumper9 I may take you up on your offer. Would really like to explore Bogue Sound from Morehead City to Emerald Isle. Like the idea of kids being able to get out of boat and explore around on sandbars. Guessing I either need to research nautical charts or go with someone experienced so I don't end up in 12 inches of water. Reason for paranoia is that I went false albacore fishing last year out of Harker's Island and guide was saying that water can get real shallow real fast if you don't know what you are doing. Said sandbars are constantly shifting too which just adds to problem. Said they see a lot of people accidentally beached and either have to get towed and/or wait for tide.

IMG_3026.JPG IMG_3027.JPG IMG_3030.jpg