• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015-2018 24’ swim deck ladder question

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I left the swim deck ladder down after cleaning my boat post Hilton Head trip and then proceeded to back out of my driveway which slopes down to the road. Bent the ladder and the mounting bracket beyond repair. In order to get the baot back at the slip I just removed the telescoping ladder and not the bracket on the spot not knowing how the bracket was fastened to the fiberglass.

I have read the ladder threads and will be calling Windline when they open later today. Can anyone with a 2015+ 24 footer confirm that I will still be water tight if I remove the bracket?

Thankfully my ladder only gets used by guests and we can just cross arm lift or use a rope off the tower if needed until the ladder is replaced.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can't answer this definitively, but I assume if you remove the bracket it will leave holes in the underside of the deck that would allow water in. Why not just leave the bracket attached with the ladder removed as you have now?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I left the swim deck ladder down after cleaning my boat post Hilton Head trip and then proceeded to back out of my driveway which slopes down to the road. Bent the ladder and the mounting bracket beyond repair. In order to get the baot back at the slip I just removed the telescoping ladder and not the bracket on the spot not knowing how the bracket was fastened to the fiberglass.

I have read the ladder threads and will be calling Windline when they open later today. Can anyone with a 2015+ 24 footer confirm that I will still be water tight if I remove the bracket?

Thankfully my ladder only gets used by guests and we can just cross arm lift or use a rope off the tower if needed until the ladder is replaced.
Darned. I'm almost certain the bracket is bolted through the lower skin of the swim deck, with reinforcements, so I see fiberglass in your skin in near future (lol). You could just plug those holes with (not-too-tight-fitting) SS screws, maybe embedded in 5200.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just asking in case I need to send it all back to Windline for their insanely good warranty. I am going to honest with what happened but if all I have to do is send back parts to get a new complete ladder I will not complain. The issue is that my boat is now back in the water and pulling it out is a pain (my marina does not have a ramp) so I was considering removing the bracket while in the water. That is sounding like a bad idea. Will see what Windline says and if I don’t have to remove the bracket to get a replacement then I can stick with my plan to leave her in the water until July 5th when she will get pulled out for Bimini.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You should make a new trophy "forgot to put stern ladder up and destroyed it" Sorry I had to say it. Knock on wood, I'll be next.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just asking in case I need to send it all back to Windline for their insanely good warranty. I am going to honest with what happened but if all I have to do is send back parts to get a new complete ladder I will not complain. The issue is that my boat is now back in the water and pulling it out is a pain (my marina does not have a ramp) so I was considering removing the bracket while in the water. That is sounding like a bad idea. Will see what Windline says and if I don’t have to remove the bracket to get a replacement then I can stick with my plan to leave her in the water until July 5th when she will get pulled out for Bimini.
I would think that if you had to send it all in to them, you could keep the screws/bolts and just reinsert them with a little caulk and it would be pretty well sealed.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would think that if you had to send it all in to them, you could keep the screws/bolts and just reinsert them with a little caulk and it would be pretty well sealed.
True but would not want to do that in the water. Guess part of the price I pay for being bone headed. That is the third boneheaded thing I have done in as many weeks so I am hopefully back on even keel now.

The second was unloading the boat at night after the trip and needing to get to the bow forgeting that the ski locker was still open. The ball mount for the strut can be bent over 90 degrees and still bent back as an FYI. The rip in my shirt is not repairable and the cut on my side will take some time to heal.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Windline directed me to their website to buy another after I was honest with them about what happened. Anyone have a good condition ladder they want to sell me on at a deal before I pull the trigger on a $200 plus mistake?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Windline directed me to their website to buy another after I was honest with them about what happened. Anyone have a good condition ladder they want to sell me on at a deal before I pull the trigger on a $200 plus mistake?
Is the front ladder the same?

Ad Rock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same bonehead move here, but due to a "Marital Miscommunication" at the ramp! This ladder works great and for the price, it takes some of the heartache away. You will need to set the original ladder on top of this one, line up the aft holes and drill 2 new holes. Be sure to use oil on your drill bit. Also, save your original bolts as this is ONLY the ladder! I paid ~$60 delivered.

DasMarine 3-Step 316 Stainless Steel Telescoping Ladder, Slide Under Platform Mount Boarding Ladder with Retaining Strap (3 Step Ladder)
Amazon.com: DasMarine 3-Step 316 Stainless Steel Telescoping Ladder, Slide Under Platform Mount Boarding Ladder with Retaining Strap (3 Step Ladder): Sports & Outdoors

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The above ladder @Ad Rock shared was no longer in stock and I could not find one with the right dimensions to fit well as a replacement. I had the idea to cut off the tops of the tubes which were deformed over years of use. It was making the ladder difficult to operate and angle back under the boat making it harder to climb. It only changed the overall length by one inch and the ladder still nests in the original space. I had to get a hard metal 5/16 drill bit to make the new holes. That stainless is tough. I also replaced the stainless bolts that slide, nylon washers, nylon lock nut and added new plastic caps. This is a simple and cheap option if you experience the same issue with your ladder.
E0067BEB-8867-48F1-B5E6-2E5EDE104963.jpeg