• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR210 central storage water filing up help...!!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder how its getting from the engine to the ski locker with the plug in?
There are so many plugs on these boats. If he has the back plug on the ski locker or the plug in the fuel area in. I would not think it would. If it's super hot like not heated from the sun. It's getting forward somehow.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
where are you located? Maybe a veteran jetboater can spend a few minutes with you in the water

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where are you located? Maybe a veteran jetboater can spend a few minutes with you in the water
I’m in Miami Florida (sweet water)

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are so many plugs on these boats. If he has the back plug on the ski locker or the plug in the fuel area in. I would not think it would. If it's super hot like not heated from the sun. It's getting forward somehow.
It is hot and water wasn’t hot at all I was at halour sand bar and high tide was coming in and water was cool

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ancor locker drain works fine never stays water over there
If u search this forum many people were having issues with the anchor locker not being sealed and allowed water between the inner and outer portion of the boats hull.

If it is engine cooling water getting that far forward it will be interested to see how. Does your boat still have flow out the pisses on the side while under power? U may need to drain the compartment, then stick your head down there white the engine running and see if u can determine how the water is getting in.

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If u search this forum many people were having issues with the anchor locker not being sealed and allowed water between the inner and outer portion of the boats hull.

If it is engine cooling water getting that far forward it will be interested to see how. Does your boat still have flow out the pisses on the side while under power? U may need to drain the compartment, then stick your head down there white the engine running and see if u can determine how the water is getting in.
When was on the water I open the ski locker drain plug off and water just coming in and I always check pisses out when I running but doesn’t do slow speed that should be doing even slow speed ? Or just pisses out then running ?

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Idk if

If it is engine cooling water getting that far forward it will be interested to see how. Does your boat still have flow out the pisses on the side while under power? U may need to drain the compartment, then stick your head down there white the engine running and see if u can determine how the water is getting i

Idk if you can see there is one more plug like between gas tank and motors right actually 2 side by side one is on other of it should be both off?

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lots of confusing info on this:

btw water running in while motors are not working when i was hanging out at the sand bar..
It is hot and water wasn’t hot at all I was at halour sand bar and high tide was coming in and water was cool
Please confirm the following:
  • the water is coming in when the engines are, and are not running
  • the water is hot (hotter than the water you are boating in by a LOT)
  • You have confirmed your anchor locker drain is sealed (what we mean here is that if you look into the hole from the outside, all you see is inside the locker, and don't see ANY gaps between the hull). One quick way to eliminate this is to stick a cork in the drain from the outside.
  • Do all your pee holes produce water at speed? (I think on your model there are 2 or 4...not certain which)
  • Have you tried filling your bilge with the boat on the trailer to see if any through hull fittings are leaking water out (keep the plug in)
  • How much water do you have in your engine compartment (if none....I'm back to the anchor locker) - not sure why water is hot though--if its hot...then you must have water in engine or bilge too - take your phone and take photos inside the bilge via hatch under cleanouts
  • Have you seen the bilge pump run?

Once we have some clear answers on the above we can proceed. My bets are one or more combinations of:
  1. Anchor locker leak (exhaust manifolds are heating the water)
  2. Pee hole not connected
  3. exhaust leak
  4. Through hull fitting leak

Last edited:

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My money is on a busted exhaust clamp or hose under the clean out hatch. With the boat on a trailer, drain any water and start it up with the hose on. Run for 5 minutes and see if any water comes out the drain. If it does, then track it down.

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of confusing info on this:

Please confirm the following:
  • the water is coming in when the engines are, and are not running
  • the water is hot (hotter than the water you are boating in by a LOT)
  • You have confirmed your anchor locker drain is sealed (what we mean here is that if you look into the hole from the outside, all you see is inside the locker, and don't see ANY gaps between the hull). One quick way to eliminate this is to stick a cork in the drain from the outside.
  • Do all your pee holes produce water at speed? (I think on your model there are 2 or 4...not certain which)
  • Have you tried filling your bilge with the boat on the trailer to see if any through hull fittings are leaking water out (keep the plug in)
  • How much water do you have in your engine compartment (if none....I'm back to the anchor locker) - not sure why water is hot though--if its hot...then you must have water in engine or bilge too - take your phone and take photos inside the bilge via hatch under cleanouts
  • Have you seen the bilge pump run?

Once we have some clear answers on the above we can proceed. My bets are one or more combinations of:
  1. Anchor locker leak (exhaust manifolds are heating the water)
  2. Pee hole not connected
  3. exhaust leak
  4. Through hull fitting leak

• yes water coming in when the engines are not running like hanging out at the sand bar..
  • yes water is hot
  • my anchor locker is not seal because when i washing my anchor after get back home water just running out..
  • i let my bilge pump on all the time last time and then i took that pics( still water )

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
  • yes water coming in when the engines are not running like hanging out at the sand bar..
  • yes water is hot
  • my anchor locker is not seal because when i washing my anchor after get back home water just running out..
  • i let my bilge pump on all the time last time and then i took that pics( still water )
Please read this thread about the anchor locker, it will help you understand what we are talking about with regards to how it leaks.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you. I’m gonna check now. But still doesn’t explain how so much water getting in.
It could....if your bow is weighed down...you have a hole under the water line. If it is weighed down (someone sitting in the bow) while driving at no wake speed...water is actually being forced into that hole (and into your inner hull). Causes the boat to take on a lot of water.

It is also possible you have more than one leak....

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It could....if your bow is weighed down...you have a hole under the water line. If it is weighed down (someone sitting in the bow) while driving at no wake speed...water is actually being forced into that hole (and into your inner hull). Causes the boat to take on a lot of water.

It is also possible you have more than one leak....
I’m just little worry if I open the plug and let the water run In eventually it would drain by it self or I should plug it all the time?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is how it’s look I don’t think water could run in to ski locker idk idk
That one doesn't look bad...a view from the outside would be helpful too, but it looks like the sleeve goes all the way into the inner locker, so likely not your issue.

So next up:
  1. Exhaust leaks
  2. Pee hole disconnected
  3. Through hull leaks

sky11sky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That one doesn't look bad...a view from the outside would be helpful too, but it looks like the sleeve goes all the way into the inner locker, so likely not your issue.

So next up:
  1. Exhaust leaks
  2. Pee hole disconnected
  3. Through hull leaks

• okay this what i recoverd inside from drain i open the head and what i can get with my arm
  • also i find that so many clams are so loose around the clean out port
  • i let the water run in my boat with holes where is water coming out i saw around the exhause area
  • there is a hole in there i took a pic that should be like that? or patch the hole..
  • took pics for all what should i do..!!??

Attachments