• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha 242 limited S problem

Mech4niq

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello forum members. Hoping for some advice after scouring the forums and coming up empty handed.
My 2015 242 Limited S is showing CAN1 and CAN4 errors on the CONNEXT display. Morover, with the House switch ON, the starboard tach keeps performing the sweep test every 2 seconds while the port tach is not moving at all. I tested the batteries and found the House battery bad so I replaced both for good measure, cleaning all of the connection in the process. The problem remained. I then started checking fuses and connections at the helm, the battery compartment and the engine bay. Everything is bone dry and corrosion free. I disconnected the transducer to see if it could be causing a problem and the errors remain. Any ideas?
I should add that a lightning struck a tree right next to the boat sitting on the trailer a week ago. This is the first time since then that I tried to start the boat.