• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 190-series Hinged Seats?!?!

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the specifications table it now lists hinged seat cushions on the 190 series!
Anyway to know if this is real or typo?

If real, I'd love to see the new hinges and see if they will work on my '16 !

upload_2016-8-24_11-10-43.png

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that added seat hinges for every model. Don't think there are pictures of a 190 but they are probably the same hinges as the 195s. Check those threads

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes as discussed in the other threads all off the new boats no matter the size or model (except FSH) come with hinged seats.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a great addition. Now people can lift them up and hopefully some of the wear/tear problems are eliminated AND this probably prevents cushions from blowing out to the boat when trailering.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are there any pictures or videos of the seats on the 19 footers. The pictures I've seen, the cushions seem to look identical style to previous years

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Our sales guru is in Chicago and he sent pictures and neither the 190 or the 195 have hinged bow seats.... he didn't check the cockpit seats for me yet.. he is heading back after a meeting

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought so from those pictures and videos. They look the same as last years. And it wouldn't be the first time Yamaha had a misprint in their sales literature.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I just assumed it was in all the boats, but can't find any pictures from what Julian posted. Maybe they just added to all 21' + boats.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
would be one heck of a misprint on their part. That's something people have asked for quite some time.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's a misprint. @Julian confirmed in a couple of other posts on here that the 190/195 series DO NOT have hinged seats.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's a misprint. @Julian confirmed in a couple of other posts on here that the 190/195 series DO NOT have hinged seats.
Correct, I just got that from my contact at Yamaha...they do NOT have hinged seats in any of the 190/195 models.

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i saw the hinges on the 242 and the cushions are square on the sides, so i bet they wont work on older models!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i saw the hinges on the 242 and the cushions are square on the sides, so i bet they wont work on older models!
In new 240s the cushions are completely different from previous models to accommodate hinges. Not great, actually, but the hinges are worth it at the end.

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Without the hinged seats, the only upgrades to the 19' boats are the twist-lock clean-out port (nice!) and the relocated flush port (meh...)
Supercharged version however gets a huge upgrade in components!

If I were in the market for a N/A 19' right now, i'd be ALL OVER the 2016's with close-out pricing, YES warranty and dealer add-ons...! No reason to wait for '17s.
Now if I were looking at the supercharged version, i'd have nothing to do with the '16 and definately wait for the '17.

Am I missing something about the '17 revisions to the N/A version? I think the tower upgrade from '15-'16 was the big change in the ARs...

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If I was a betting man, I'd put a little bit of money on the 19's getting a similar overhaul that the 24's did in 15, and now the 21's, in maybe 2019, If not 2018. They haven't had any hull design changes since they were introduced in 2012. The hinged seats definitely need a different top hull design, and it would make sense for Yamaha to add the quiet ride tech at the same time.