• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2017 Perfect Pass Group Buy

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So far I think we have 4 total commitments. There is still lots of time left to get to the 18 needed. Spread the word guys!

KevinMc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just bought my 2015 212x and haven't picked it up yet. Will the perfect pass work for my boat? And is this basically a GPS controlled speedometer and cruise control? Since I don't have my boat yet, I'm not sure if I need this. Recommendations would be nice.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh you need it!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It will work well with your 212X. It is a GPS based speed control unlike the cruise assist which comes standard on the boat. The cruise assist is a RPM control which does not control speed well when turning.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, it does, if you opt for E-series w/fly-by-wire throttles. But that has its own issues.

--
Had no issues with my E-Series throttles...FREAKIN LOVE the launch controls and GPS speed control! Use them all the time! Not to mention the throttles are so smooth and you can dial in any speed and throttle down to no wake with no big drop off! You'll have to try it at Shelbyville!

But on topic for Perfect Pass...if you don't have E-Series throttles...Perfect Pass is a marriage saver if you want to board/ski/surf at the right speed and your wife isn't good with speed control......its a must have!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@KevinMc - Congrats on the new boat. Short answer is if you are planning to ski, board, or surf then yes.

If you only pull a skier/border in a straight line and they only ski/board in a striaght line you don't need this. Reality is that hardly ever happens. I am in my third boat that we pull boarders with and the issue is that even a 1/2 mph makes a difference for the boarder and a boarder can get aggresive enough to effect the speed several mph with a single hard cut and it is very hard to compensate for that without over or under shooting even when using the rpm based cruise control.

My wife has gotten better at pulling me over the years but she still overcompensates and next thing I know I am doing 25 mph and praying that she slows down before I have to let go. A perfect run behind a perfect pass equipped boat on the other hand is a thing beauty. The boat keeps the exact same speed through every cut, slice, jump, stomp, and surface trick and is a very satisfying thing.

Imagine what the move below does to the drag on the boat and that perfect pass will ensure that the boat continues to be at the same speed before, during and after millisecond by millisecond. I am almost parallel with the port side of the boat and putting a lot of downward force on the board to get there. When I do this I know I have stand up straight for a few seconds trying to hold my position outside of the wake so the boat and my wife have time to get recover speed before I try for a big air jump. On the other hand If I do this behind a boat with perfect pass I go straight to a toe side or switch heel cut and fly over the wake without having to modify my boarding for the boat. I can't wait to have that in my boat this summer.

IMG_3782.JPG

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals. I just updated the minimum sale quantity to get the discount to 15 units. We're still only looking at 4 total commitments at this point. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any help.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in, let me know if you need a deposit or just a verbal commitment.

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please call my office and speak to my assistant about the details. 850-867-1410

Dave Kreklow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What number are you at for the Perfect Pass buy?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys, quick update for you. We are at 9 units now and we still have almost two weeks left. I feel confident we'll hit the minimum. Let us know if you have any questions regarding installation of the new perfect pass gauge housing. We don't have an install video but once you see it assembled you'll understand how it's supposed to mount. It's pretty straight forward.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are there any videos to watch OR detailed installation instructions available before committing to the purchase ? I am specifically interested in whats involved for the 2016 AR240 model.The only thing I could find on PP website was for Nautique and sterndrives ?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there any videos to watch OR detailed installation instructions available before committing to the purchase ? I am specifically interested in whats involved for the 2016 AR240 model.The only thing I could find on PP website was for Nautique and sterndrives ?
There are a couple of Perfect Pass install threads here. Not great but will give you general idea.
This is my favorite, I think:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2014-212x-perfect-pass-install-thread.6433/#post-110389

--

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are a couple of Perfect Pass install threads here. Not great but will give you general idea.
This is my favorite, I think:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2014-212x-perfect-pass-install-thread.6433/#post-110389

--
Thanks for the link ! Good info. I would assume that with the gauge housing that JBP sells for the late model 24' boats that dash removal is not necessary ? Do you know if a hole in the dash behind gauge housing is required ? From Will's pictures it looks like the gauge housing is wedged in the corner above throttles with double sided tape ?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the link ! Good info. I would assume that with the gauge housing that JBP sells for the late model 24' boats that dash removal is not necessary ? Do you know if a hole in the dash behind gauge housing is required ? From Will's pictures it looks like the gauge housing is wedged in the corner above throttles with double sided tape ?
No need to remove the dash in your boat. That install above the throttles is quite easy PROVIDED you can fit in the helm compartment, or can get help there. That door opening is a bit of a challenge for me (understatement) but once i push myself inside, I can do whatever. Okay, I think I'm over sharing.

But you get the idea, LOL. The black plastic is easy to drill or cut. Whenever I cut or drill fiberglass or FRP I use a big shop vac with a bag inside to capture the dust.
Hope this helps!

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes @WildCatFan54 you will need to drill a hole for the wires to pass through to the area behind the helm. The gauge assembly will come to you pre-assembled and will have two sided tape installed on the edges. You'll simply locate and press in place. We don't have an install video yet but I can help you if you'd like to call. I've done a couple of these installs now and I can walk you through the basics over the phone.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
thanks JBP and Swatski ! I appreciate the assistance from both of you.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're welcome!

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot when do you need funds? I know i emailed you first thing, cant remember if i gave you credit card etc.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@dirksgoat we will likely start asking for payments to be made once we get to the minimum 15 commitments. I believe we are a bit shy of that number now. I will post on the board when we hit the 15 mark. In the meantime if you'd like to spread the word on the forum or on FB and other social media that may help to encourage a few other guys that might be on the fence to join in.

Thank you!