• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242x Front Bow Filler Cushion

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did the 242x Models come with a front bow filler cushion? I have seen some 242x owners with them.

Thank you.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe so. My 17 Ar240 came with them and I was looking at 18’s too at the time.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine came with 3, 2 for seats to fill middle and one for back. One of them has the marine mat on one side which I thought was weird I guess to flip over and potentially sit drinks on?

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine came with 3, 2 for seats to fill middle and one for back. One of them has the marine mat on one side which I thought was weird I guess to flip over and potentially sit drinks on?
Wow, since I purchased mine used mine didn't come with either of those.

I asked the dealer to provide more insight on weather he can provide them. I am guessing the front bow cushion does come in handy if you would like to use it as a bed if I'm correct.

Thanks again.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Correct the 2 middle filler cushions make it a lay out area. And the third one is for back rest if you want to sit 3 people with their backs upright in the front.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Correct the 2 middle filler cushions make it a lay out area. And the third one is for back rest if you want to sit 3 people with their backs upright in the front.
I’m not sure this is right. There are 3 filler cushions total. 1 is for the engine hatch step. The other 2 go in the bow. 1 closer to the helm and 1 closer to the anchor locker. The cushion closest to the anchor locker can be moved to an upright position by the windshield to create a bench seat across the aisle in the bow.

If you got 3 of the large cushions in the front, I’d say count yourselves lucky. But I also don’t envy you trying to store those damn things. All my extra cushions live in the garage. Never been used.

I have a ‘19, but I really doubt that changed as the layout with that bench seat has been in the 24’ boats since 2015.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
242 LSE 2018. Yes, came with filler cushions. Mine are always in. Either in sun pad mode or in middle seat config. My kids love the middle seat mode.

LPRocks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
my 2020 242 XE came with four filler cushions.

two large cushions to fill the bow area; they are reversible with sea deck on one side and vinyl on the other.; the fore cushion ("cushion #5") can be used as a back rest as described above.

There was also a small filler cushion to fill the gap at the very front of the boat; we really only need it when using the front area as a bed.

finally, there is a reversible cushion in the back that sits on the engine hatch step.

you can order new cushions from parts suppliers. I have often considered ordering an extra "cushion #5" (about $300) so that I have three lounger spaces in the bow.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
From the factory a 2016 242X comes with 5 removable swats.

-2 small ones up front in the bow to allow you to sit upright- these are rarely ever moved.
-2 large ones to fill the center of the bow. One can be moved to a back rest position. Some people purchase a 3rd one (but that is extra)
-the small seat in the pass through from the cabin to the swim step in back.