• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212X Center Ballast fills on its own - consistently having to empty

DBlaz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We have a 2019 212x, lately we've found that the center ballast seems to take on water (within the ballast bag), even though we haven't turned the ballast pumps on. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
We have a 2019 212x, lately we've found that the center ballast seems to take on water (within the ballast bag), even though we haven't turned the ballast pumps on. Has anyone else run into this issue?
No, I haven’t had that issue. It sounds like water is getting past the impeller in the ballast pump. If you close the intake valve when not in use, it should eliminate the problem. I’d remove the pump and see if a chunk of the impeller broke off already. They are replaceable, if this is the issue. Another issue could be that the pump is running, but I’m sure you would hear it if that were the case.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Mesa50 is spot on. It is a worn impeller letting the water get by. We have it happen to our 242X as well.

Inspectorjoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Mesa50 is spot on. It is a worn impeller letting the water get by. We have it happen to our 242X as well.
It’s happening on my 2018 242x how do we get this fix? Where is the impeller located on our boat

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

DBlaz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Have the same issue with a brand new 2022 212XE. Tried closing the intake valve today to see if that helps, but is that normal operating procedure?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My impeller blades are good but still does it its the position they end in that will allow water to back flow . The entire ballast system is plagued with issues. Manual switches with over flows would have been so much better. But this item will take care of all of the issues