• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 215 ID Creeps forward in neutral

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2019 215 ID. Is it normal that the boat moves forward slowly when in neutral? Is there an adjustment for this?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Adjust your reverse gates down slightly

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Your boat is equipped with INR. There is a nuetral adjustment in your cluster/touchscreen, whichever you boat has.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can you elaborate.....what is INR?
It stand for Intelligent Neutral and Reverse. We are able to adjust the position of the bucket(s) thru the computer to find a perfect neutral. It works very well. There are a total of 31 setting +15, 0, -15. Each "click" lowers or raises the buckets in 1mm increments. This movement will allow you to find that sweet spot and keep the boat in one position. It great! It almost works great for trolling (but might be too slow).

Scarab Jet Boats | Key Advantages | Intelligent Neutral and Reverse (iNR)

@S4451 To adjust neutral, put the boat in neutral and on the speed/engine screen towards the bottom you'll have an up arrow and a down arrow with a number in between. Just tap the appropriate arrow to find neutral.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here are some pictures showing what I described above.

IMG_0443.JPGIMG_0445.JPGIMG_0446.JPG

I know about the engine light; it's a thorn in my side. :banghead: Tough one to eliminate but no effect on the engine. :arghh:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It stand for Intelligent Neutral and Reverse. We are able to adjust the position of the bucket(s) thru the computer to find a perfect neutral. It works very well. There are a total of 31 setting +15, 0, -15. Each "click" lowers or raises the buckets in 1mm increments. This movement will allow you to find that sweet spot and keep the boat in one position. It great! It almost works great for trolling (but might be too slow).

@S4451 To adjust neutral, put the boat in neutral and on the speed/engine screen towards the bottom you'll have an up arrow and a down arrow with a number in between. Just tap the appropriate arrow to find neutral.
Are you saying my Yamaha lacks Intelligent something?!
I beg to differ.
:cool:

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Very cool!

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those photos of the dash don't look anything like my Scarab 2019 215 ID. Does this adjustment exist on the '19 215 ID without the digital dash option?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here is the user guide for the standard dash cluster for your Scarab.
I believe you have the Viper 1 medallion (mine in Viper 2). Navigate to the screen in the setting menu where you'll find the Neutral Adjustment. There you will see (something very similar) what I'm referring too.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Scarab didn’t include that user guide with my new boat. That explains A LOT! Thanks! You just saved a bunch of posts from me on what stuff means on the dash.