• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR210 Small issues. Extend Warranty?

TrippinHollies2019AR210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So far this summer, I’ve managed to blow 2 plugs in the starboard engine of my brand new 2019 AR210. Little to no explanation on why this happened from the dealer, but the Fox River & Chain O’ Lakes is full of surprises. Installed the thrust vector-X fins today & noticed that each screw (unrelated to the fins) under the jets were loose. Some of these little defects make me want to extend my warranty. Heard about loose windows & loose plastic rattling from the cabinet. Anyone else experiencing the same small, but annoying issues?C448218B-8B11-4801-AF36-B35159340577.jpeg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
** Edited/Deleted - I saw Julian's comment and realize you must be talking about the blowout plugs **

As far as extending warranty, how many years of warranty do you have now and do you have any YES warranty? What would the cost be to extend and what are your options?

I like having a warranty for these boats given some of what I read and I also have a dealer close by that I could probably work with if I did have a warranty issue. I think that is important to consider also

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought the cleanout plugs in these later generation boats were screw in plugs.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They don’t screw in, they lock. It’s a significant lock but maybe it could vibrate loose. I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet. Interested to hear more

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I thought they all screwed in too. @4x15mph can you elaborate on your explanation?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2018 doesn’t screw in. They have a tab like config where you put them into place and then twist the plug handle from the “unlock” position to the “lock” position. It doesn’t screw with threads. Understand?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes correct the new plugs have 2 tabs that are stationery and one that turns. The
Plug goes down into the port, and you turn the whole plug roughly 45 degrees until it stops. Honestly if the plug is seated all the way and the plug is turned until it hits the stops I’m not sure how it could vibrate loose? If you don’t turn it until it stops then it could definitely back out I suppose.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
In regards to the warranty question, I had a few little things like trim screws backing out due to vibration, head/changing room curtain zipper stuck, stuff like that. Unfortunately none of it was anything I’d take it back to the dealer for. After the horror stories I’ve heard dealing with YES, and the solid reputation of the Yamaha engines, I’d save my money and just fix things as they happen. Better investment would be to get the factory service manual and save big time on maintenance by doing it correctly yourself.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

TrippinHollies2019AR210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be very concerned if I had spark plug issues....but are you referring to spark plugs or clean out plugs?
(2) Spark Plugs. As of now, I put on about 20 more hours with no issue. Makes me think it was something else & the dealer was BSing me. The symptoms were: after full out to the next no wake, upon throttling down, black smoke came out of the exhaust. The starboard engine suddenly wouldn’t rev over 5k rpm. I checked the spark plugs & they all looked good. Compression from the cylinders was also good (about 150).