• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 in water for extended weekend

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm renting a house in the keys for a long weekend over spring break this year. Boat will be in the water for a total of 4 days. What do I need to leave on as far as keeping the bilge pump running? I normally leave it on while I'm on the water using the button on the Connext screen. Any other tips you guys can think of? I'm not new to salt water and the boat is rinsed with salt away after every use. Just not so sure if I need to leave the key on to keep the bilge pump on or how that works.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Each boat seems to be slightly different, but with my boat as long as the battery switches are on, the bilge is active. That said, when I leave my boat unattended at a dock overnight I always try and have her connected to shore power.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ll have mine there for a week at a time Battery switches off but my bilge pump works. I would test it on the trailer with a hose if you are unsure.
i just flush it with salt away when I pull it out. Sometimes I feel guilty by day 4 and pull it and wash it, never much on it.
where in the Keys?

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll have mine there for a week at a time Battery switches off but my bilge pump works. I would test it on the trailer with a hose if you are unsure.
i just flush it with salt away when I pull it out. Sometimes I feel guilty by day 4 and pull it and wash it, never much on it.
where in the Keys?
Yeah I think that's a great idea. Going to check it out on the trailer and see how it works. We're going to be in Duck Key right next to Hawks Cay.

Delvis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure your auto bilge is on, on the screen it will be highlighted blue. I left mine for months in the salt water this year without issues, batteries switch need to be on the OFF position.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure your auto bilge is on, on the screen it will be highlighted blue. I left mine for months in the salt water this year without issues, batteries switch need to be on the OFF position.
That’s in the settings of the Connext screen?