• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 Midship Speakers

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought my boat last month. I love it, but it needs more sound by the helm! I'd like to add midship speakers. Do I need an amp to run them? I'm not a huge audio guy but I would like to be able to hear it without blasting everyone out. Is there an existing wiring harness that is easily tapped into? (ie already prewired harness that the limited uses?) Thanks in advance!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty sure none of the line up has helm speakers unless they added them for 2019.

I would add an amp to drive them. Lots of links in my 242x link in my signature on how to add them and what to watch out for.

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never thought I would consider upgrading my audio, but stock is really weak in these boats.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought my boat last month. I love it, but it needs more sound by the helm! I'd like to add midship speakers. Do I need an amp to run them? I'm not a huge audio guy but I would like to be able to hear it without blasting everyone out. Is there an existing wiring harness that is easily tapped into? (ie already prewired harness that the limited uses?) Thanks in advance!
If you have the white Seaworthy speakers, start there.
Replace those with something like Polk DB651 at $50 a pair, it's a direct swap. Huge difference.
Then I would consider adding an amp or amps if you need to keep going, and keep going you will... lol.

--

Last edited:

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mounted mine outside. And they tilt to take care of sound under speed.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This statement is so true. I wired a distro block in my helm with 8gauge to the battery. I had no intention of upgrading the stereo. After thinking about a 2.5 to 3.5 hour trip to Bimini, I decided I needed to have tunes playing over the engine. I then purchased two pairs of Polk DB652 speakers wired directly to the stock HU. Those were a huge improvement. All of a sudden, I'm now shopping for an amp to power said speakers. Then I read about how clear the speakers sound with a high pass filter, which would mean that I need a sub to capture the low frequencies..... 13 Days till we depart Bahia Mar, and 4th of July weekend is there to slow down shipping. Can't say @swatski didn't send the WARNO.

If you have the white Seaworthy speakers, start there.
Replace those with something like Polk DB651 at $50 a pair, it's a direct swap. Huge difference.
Then I would consider adding an amp or amps if you need to keep going, and keep going you will... lol.

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This statement is so true. I wired a distro block in my helm with 8gauge to the battery. I had no intention of upgrading the stereo. After thinking about a 2.5 to 3.5 hour trip to Bimini, I decided I needed to have tunes playing over the engine. I then purchased two pairs of Polk DB652 speakers wired directly to the stock HU. Those were a huge improvement. All of a sudden, I'm now shopping for an amp to power said speakers. Then I read about how clear the speakers sound with a high pass filter, which would mean that I need a sub to capture the low frequencies..... 13 Days till we depart Bahia Mar, and 4th of July weekend is there to slow down shipping. Can't say @swatski didn't send the WARNO.
It is outright contagious...the things we do for love :)