• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Gut Busters - Weight Loss Challenge

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey I have had some success too!! April 29th I was about 253lbs and this morning I weighed in at 233lbs. I started with NutriSystem on May 9th. NutriSystem food has really improved since the last time I did it about 15 years ago. They have a good calorie counting app for the smart phone now. The last two weeks I have been doing nutrisystem food Monday to Friday and then on Sat & Sun just tracked my food in the app trying to stay at the 1500 calorie goal. Although yesterday I opted to drink 6 Miller Lites and a vodka rather than eat. LOL Did NOT go over my calorie goal yesterday! LOL

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Breaking the 185 barrier has been impossible for me. I got down to 184.7 once or twice, then I celebrate! D'OH!

It is totally predictable when my weight crawls up.....it is when I get slack on the exercise. I've been trying to get 10,000 steps a day. But as you can see...I have some periods where I fail!

1591017259607.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well after 2 months of covid eating and no gym, I'm at 197 - best weight for me was 175. Goal is to be 185 by the 4th of July. Back to daily exercise (now that the gym has reopened), eating healthy, and extra exercise!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Why can't that level of "I gotta fix this" motivation that happens in that instant be a somewhat permanent fixture? Why must I love sitting and eating so much more than moving around? I just don't get it.
It's hard man - like REALLY hard. But if you can understand why this is happening it'll help you overcome it. Basically your brain has been releasing dopamine when you eat as your reward. Transition to earning your dopamine in a different manner is the trick. It's a struggle - you need to stress exercise instead of stress eat.

ColaDawg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Found this thread and wanted to report in. 33 years old and have been hovering around 200 for the past three years. Started pushing up to 205 and felt like crap. Apparently I complained about being 'fat' and 'out of shape' enough, and maybe I left some hints, that my wife got me set up with a personal trainer/dietitian. Started in the middle of February at 204 and 24% body fat and as of this week i am 169.7 @ 14% body fat.
Like has been said above, it is hard. The food is the hardest part for me. Exercise is fun, hard exercise is even more fun. But, if you're like me, you can't out run/lift your diet.
Image from my daily logs, please ignore the blip... my wife wanted me to weigh our three week old... those 12 lbs are some of the cutest lbs I've gained in a long time.

Attachments

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am down to 227 this morning from 253 at the end of April. Feeling pretty good