• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha Drain Plugs

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Now that I am back on the forum - thanks to Bruce :cool: - I have something to share. I am 99.9% sure (while surfing the net for pictures of 2021 Yamaha Boats) that I saw a shot of the stern of a 2012 Yamaha boat that had SS drain plugs - they looked very robust. I'll try to find the picture but it may have been on one of the posted pictures from Winnebagolands's website featuring incoming Yamahas. BTW has anyone noticed that on some dealer's web sites their new stock of 2021's are already selling. Geez, they'll all be sold-out before they arrive! BTW ll On Friday we anchored for a couple of hours. I donned my wet suit and looked at the scupper valve (2020 SX195). With 1/2 tank of gas and the Admiral (she'll kill me if she sees this - at 140 pounds) on the swim platform the scupper valve was out of the water. I'll have to see what it is with a full tank of gas and no one in the boat - but I suspect it will still be out. BTW lll .....once again there were no signs of corrosion on underwater fittings - which I attribute to being slipped quite a distance from slips with shore power. From 2011 to 2016 I had slips with shore power and my anodes would have shown a LOT of activity by now. Whoa .....that feels better - Thanks Bruce!!!!! :cool:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Found some videos.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nthe scupper valve was out of the water. I'll have to see what it is with a full tank of gas and no one in the boat - but I suspect it will still be out.
Scupper is always out of the water on 19Plus hulls, only when large waves slam and rock the boat does it touch water. I’ll probably upgrade my drain plugs when they are available.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@jEt_jAk YES, SIR.....THAT is what I saw and say that does look ROBUST. I really like the look of it. With that said I would definitely treat those drains with Yamalube spray. I bought a can from my dealer and it was about the same price of "hardware store brands" so I thought I'd get the real deal. Also with those SS parts, maybe an SS replacement scupper valve, SS OEM linkages and the OEM aluminum parts I would definitely ensure that my anodes were working as that's a lot of different metals in close proximity underwater. :cool:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I wouldn’t mine swapping mine either. Is there an inner piece or does that screw directly into the fiberglass?

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I wouldn’t mine swapping mine either. Is there an inner piece or does that screw directly into the fiberglass?
@jEt_jAk .....not sure. The answer may be in the FAQ section of the forum but I'm going to look when at the boat in a couple of days. :cool:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a piece on the hull that requires changing which the drain plug screws into.

Dsiege

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
have had nothing but trouble with my 2019 AR240 drain plug - haven't even had the boat for a year and I'm about to be on plug 3... way too many bilging issues, and even when pulling the boat from the water I can see drips seeping out of the plug before I pull it and drain for... minutes. Is it possible to do a swap like this on a 24' hull / keel plug? Upgraded from an 2018 195 about a year in - maybe its just time to wait for that 25'!

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have had nothing but trouble with my 2019 AR240 drain plug - haven't even had the boat for a year and I'm about to be on plug 3... way too many bilging issues, and even when pulling the boat from the water I can see drips seeping out of the plug before I pull it and drain for... minutes. Is it possible to do a swap like this on a 24' hull / keel plug? Upgraded from an 2018 195 about a year in - maybe its just time to wait for that 25'!
Wow sorry my 19 is dry as a bone every time out, hope it stays that way. Good luck finding a solution on yours I’d be pretty upset

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Mine always drips too. Between surfing, rub rails, anchor locker, and ballast water I've given up on attempting to keep a dry hull. I do think I'll be putting in a secondary bilge pump though, just as a backup.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Go to an auto parts store and pick up a can of Silicone Lubricant spray, a quick squirt to the rubber and plastic parts of the plug and it should fix your issues unless the o-ring is already damaged. You can use it on the clean-out port plugs to keep the rubber soft and prevent sticking. I use it on the internal plugs once in a while too to keep them water tight, and also on the jetpump housing and cable ends to keep everything lubed. Cheap and easy solution.

Dsiege

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go to an auto parts store and pick up a can of Silicone Lubricant spray, a quick squirt to the rubber and plastic parts of the plug and it should fix your issues unless the o-ring is already damaged. You can use it on the clean-out port plugs to keep the rubber soft and prevent sticking. I use it on the internal plugs once in a while too to keep them water tight, and also on the jetpump housing and cable ends to keep everything lubed. Cheap and easy solution.
Nice tip - Appreciate it!

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have a 2021 252SD and my drain plug is still plastic 😥

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Mine is plastic too...252S:(
@Stan M @Seoul76
While stainless looks nicer, I believe the guts of the plugs are the same - silicone spray will protect the plastic and rubber seals. And the plugs are underwater so who cares how they look.
:D