• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Aft Sun Shade Kit?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
awesome, thanks!

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That looks great. Are those 15 degree holders? They look like 90's at this angle, I think it's tricking my eyes!

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
15 degrees. Again if you guys decide to do this I would mount the rod holders forward another half foot + to get the front of the sunshade further out.

Otherwise no complaints and it works well!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
15 degrees. Again if you guys decide to do this I would mount the rod holders forward another half foot + to get the front of the sunshade further out.

Otherwise no complaints and it works well!
you may be able to switch to 60 degree rod holder and accomplish the same thing with them aiming forward and out.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well all good things must come to an end... While rafting with my brother's boat with very light wind (6-10 with gusts up to 18 or so) my starboard side rod holder gave out. When I started this project I debated purchasing a rod holder with a back plate, but since there is no good way to get your hand/arm up there to mount I went with 3 stainless 1 and 3/4 screws and 4200 instead. Also if you recall from a few post prior the port side is much thicker to account for the trolling motor mount so am sure that is why that sides is still fine.

Anyway, all 3 screws ripped out so here's the last photo of my sun shade setup right before :eek:(

I am not sure if I am going to try and fix or just call it a day without a sunshade because when it worked it was great.

Thoughts??? How are all of you Florida people doing this with prob much stronger winds? (unless this is a result of some previous trips out that weakening the screws...)

IMG_6967.JPG

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well all good things must come to an end... While rafting with my brother's boat with very light wind (6-10 with gusts up to 18 or so) my starboard side rod holder gave out. When I started this project I debated purchasing a rod holder with a back plate, but since there is no good way to get your hand/arm up there to mount I went with 3 stainless 1 and 3/4 screws and 4200 instead. Also if you recall from a few post prior the port side is much thicker to account for the trolling motor mount so am sure that is why that sides is still fine.

Anyway, all 3 screws ripped out so here's the last photo of my sun shade setup right before :eek:(

I am not sure if I am going to try and fix or just call it a day without a sunshade because when it worked it was great.

Thoughts??? How are all of you Florida people doing this with prob much stronger winds? (unless this is a result of some previous trips out that weakening the screws...)

View attachment 156013
Sorry to hear of the failure.. did the screws just pull out of the fiberglass? Could you epoxy / 5200 some pieces of wood underneath the cap rail to back up the screws by reaching through the hole you drilled for the rod holder?

I wonder if you couldn’t run a fish tape through that hole down past the fish box and slide the backing plate up the fish tape by pulling it with a string up to the hole, then put some epoxy or 5200 on the backing plate, away from the screw holes, and line up the screw holes and then use screws to hold the backing plate in place while the glue sets. Then just take the screws out, drop in the rod holder and put the screws back in and you should be set.

Or you could cut out a hole for a pie plate access hole and install that and you’d have easy access.

What diameter screws did you use?

Last edited: