• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x swim deck speakers not working

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
we bought a 2017 212x last fall and from the beginning the swim deck speakers wouldn’t work. My dealer said they fixed it over the winter but they still don’t play. Anyone have any advice on how to tackle this one?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a similar problem on delivery with one of my front speakers. I replaced it (dealer just let me bring in the old speaker and gave me a new one). Didn't work still, so I brought it in. Turns out it was that the connector going to the back of the radio had the pin in it bent...

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Actually I never would have guessed this but the tower sound bar has to be connected for the swim deck speakers to work! I bought the boat last fall and used it for like a week before it got stored and one thing I did was remove the sound bar for safe keeping at home, didn't realize it till I was looking at the service manual and saw the sound bar and the deck speakers linked on a wiring diagram.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Actually I never would have guessed this but the tower sound bar has to be connected for the swim deck speakers to work! I bought the boat last fall and used it for like a week before it got stored and one thing I did was remove the sound bar for safe keeping at home, didn't realize it till I was looking at the service manual and saw the sound bar and the deck speakers linked on a wiring diagram.
So your problem is solved? Sounds like they ran the swim deck and sound bar in series. They did this on the 242X as well, and those of use that have run a dedicated amp channel to the sound bar have been very happy with the results. I posted a wiring diagram that is probably applicable to your wiring in one of the stereo threads if you want me to find it.

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So your problem is solved? Sounds like they ran the swim deck and sound bar in series. They did this on the 242X as well, and those of use that have run a dedicated amp channel to the sound bar have been very happy with the results. I posted a wiring diagram that is probably applicable to your wiring in one of the stereo threads if you want me to find it.
yes solved. sorry.