• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212xd 2021 Yamaha, having issues with the Drive by Wire

212xd 2021 Having Major Issues.

• Need help!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Anybody have this issue??

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I just got a 2021 212 xd and mine is doing the same thing. The port side motor is stuck in nutral and will not do anything. The other motor works though. Did you get yours fixed and if so what did you do to fix it?
Mine is at the dealer for the second time ( around the 10hour mark - have spent a lot of my new ownership floating trying to get both engines to go into forward at the same time -amongst other issues)- was told today that Yamaha does not know how to fix it yet. The new owners with this problem are growing. So is Yamaha's liability see "212x one engine not responding- connext issue?" thread.

Mine is at the dealer for the second time ( around the 10hour mark - have spent a lot of my new ownership floating trying to get both engines to go into forward at the same time -amongst other issues)- was told today that Yamaha does not know how to fix it yet. The new owners with this problem are growing. So is Yamaha's liability see "212x one engine not responding- connext issue?" thread.
Hello, all! For what it’s worth, my brand new 255XD had a similar issue - also at .2 hours. I didn’t have the neutral/forward issue, but I did have the CEL and stop steering message and the paddles would not engage or work at all. Dealer worked with Yamaha. They did several battery resets and worked on the Connext. They finally got a Yamaha tech that said the electronics that run from Connext to the hydraulic steering in our boats gets installed, but when the deck gets put down it sometimes gets pinched or wire is stripped. Dealer pulled the deck and sure enough, that was it. They rerouted the cable and I haven’t had any more issues. To be fair the boat is still at 9 hours, so not saying it won’t come back, but figured I’d offer some feedback.

@David.Parrish If you have pictures and a location of where that issue was it would greatly benefit others on this site. It would also help Yamaha as they watch this site and we tell them how to fix their boats quite often.

I met a guy last weekend with the same exact boat as the OP, he had similar issues. It was his maiden voyage.

@David.Parrish If you have pictures and a location of where that issue was it would greatly benefit others on this site. It would also help Yamaha as they watch this site and we tell them how to fix their boats quite often.
Let me see what I can do on this. I don’t have any pics and away on vacation. That said, I’ll talk to dealer/service department and get the details and see if I can get some pics.

Had the same issue twice after 5 resp 8 hrs. Both time I managed by turning off power and the battery switches a couple of times to return to normal..
One thought , I believe that I both time did turned off the engines when in paddle mode.. Shouldn't make a difference, but thinking of how ¨advanced¨ the computer is maybe it makes a difference..... will try now to turn of when NOT in paddle mode to see what happens....

Well guys, ended up turning my boat back in to the dealer through what Yamaha calls it, A BUY BACK PROGRAM. Took some time, but glad I don't have to worry about my Brand New Boat acting Unsafe again...

Well guys, ended up turning my boat back in to the dealer through what Yamaha calls it, A BUY BACK PROGRAM. Took some time, but glad I don't have to worry about my Brand New Boat acting Unsafe again...

Interesting. Took me a lawyer and quite some time to get that pulled off.

I ended losing about $1035.00 and 2 payments of interest about $300 and a dock slip for $600. So about $2000 monetary and alot of aggravation and time and gas taking it back to the dealer 4 times.

Had the same problem when we received our 212XD in early September. Took it back and Yamaha had sent the shop a fix for this problem. It was a minor adjustment on the cable for the gate. 12 hours on the water since the fix and everything is running great.

Ok had the exact same issue right around 10 hours. Was able to do a hard reboot between the battery and drive panel up front and haven’t had issues since. Seems like connext issue around service time.
I'm having throttle issues with my 2022 212XD. How did you do a hard boot between the battery?

Back