• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

215 wake edition

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
just talked with the dealer... Quoted me 72k for 215 Wake with twin 250s, no premium audio, with the IST and digital touchscreen dash. With the 4000 rebate brings the cost to 68k. Also got a quote on a 215 2014 hold over 47k with twin 200s. Am I off, but these prices seem absolutely crazy. Thoughts?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think that sounds like a lot for a 21 foot jet boat. You could get a new 242 Ls fully loaded for that much. I recall another member posting about his new 25 foot chapparal twin jet boat and think he paid in the mid 70s for it. Is scarab one of those manufacturers that I've read about which start with high msrps that they at willing to negotiate substantially down from?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That wake edition is supposed to be the "closest jetboat" to a wake boat so its going to be expensive if It has the ballast tanks the touchscreen all that stuff, I dont know if its worth it because as much as they can try...its still not a wakeboat

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone else find it weird that Scarab has little to no information on this model or package. Not even a picture?

MMaxMikeD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's in the brochure, which I could send you but it's just an option. It adds 3 ballast bags to the boat in the port, starboard and centerline storage lockers. Then adds fill and empty toggle switches to the starboard side of the dash. I'm at the Dallas boat show and will send you pictures of what that looks like on a 255.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One of these will be in my driveway in 8 weeks Can't wait

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like a lot for a 21' wake boat. The 24' Yamaha has 3 ballast bags, integrated into their touchscreen, wetsounds sound bar, subwoofer and all the other E-Series stuff. Perhaps Scarab will deal on those prices....but for that I'd get 3 feet more boat and a nice sound system to boot!

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't think i did too bad on my final negotiation

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well what was your final negotiation price? For $70K I think the loaded 242E would be a better value.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I got a 2016 wake edition on the first run in july 2015. I had my dealer put in their sound system upgrade. Twin 250s scream. Juzt had it up over 60mph in Hobe Sound in Jupiter Fla.on a nice glassy morning. My kids wake board, ski, and surf without missing a beat. Maybe its not a competition mastercraft or a nautique, but it puts out a very nice wake even for advanced riders. Its an absolute blast to drive!

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@4x15mph, mine cost 69k. Thats with the premium Gator Hyde twin axel trailer w/ spare; Covers; Seadek from jet boaters; premium sound system upgrade from dealer; blue led speakers, blue cockpit lights, blue underwater lights; two nice anchors, bumpers & dock lines; fire extinguishers, complete first aid kit, flares, and four neoprene life jackets. Charleston Powersports, my dealer, was awesome! I was fortunate enough to deal directly with the sales mgr and the owner directly. I took one out for test drive (and a Yammie which I was set on buying), but the scarab really sold itself to me. So I ordered a custom 215. It took them a day longer to get the Seadek on than they expected, but I told them that was ok, just take their time and do it right and drove two hours home. The sales mgr drove it to me the next day ( on a Sunday), spent two hours on the water with us going back over everything. the owner also gave me my 25hr checkup and tune up at no cost because he said I was easy to get along with and didnt throw a fit over it not being ready. (Sometimes patience is rewarded). Probably alot more than you wanted to know about my buying experience, but it really underscores that no matter what boat you buy, the dealer and competent service make or break the experience. So with all thatsaid, it was around 65k without all the extra stuff. I love my boat!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jet set sounds awesome, thank you for sharing your information. These boats are very impressive in person, must be a blast to drive.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's nice hearing a dealership going above and beyond your expectations. Sounds like Charleston Powersports could teach some of these other dealers a thing or two.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@jet set how do you like the stereo upgrade. I just ordered a 2016 255 HO Impulse in green that is due to arrive on 6/2. I can't wait. I currently have a 2014 195HOI and the stereo is ok but has a lot to be desired, just hoping the newer model made some adjustments. Also, did you get iST and if so how do you like it?

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@jet set how do you like the stereo upgrade. I just ordered a 2016 255 HO Impulse in green that is due to arrive on 6/2. I can't wait. I currently have a 2014 195HOI and the stereo is ok but has a lot to be desired, just hoping the newer model made some adjustments. Also, did you get iST and if so how do you like it?
My stereo upgrade was by tbe dealer, not scarab. Im happy with it. It gets nice and loud and stays clear. Blue LED speakers. Only drawback is that the subwoofer had to go under port side seats, so I had to get slightly smaller ballast on that side. I dont know what you are referring to by "iST". Let me know what that is and I will tell you if I have it and if so , whether or not I like it, lol.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
IST is intelligent shift control where the bucket is electronic and you can adjust for true neutral.

@jet set Is yours a 255?