• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My point ............. Just apologize for posting something in poor taste and move on. I also don't think other members on here should have jumped on him and started an internet fight. ......... This was an issue for the mods and the offender to handle, and the rest of us need to stay out of it. ............
@cane.mba - EXCELLENT SUCCINT SUMMARY POINTS: Can we at this point close the thread and get back to "boating?" 'Jes askin'.
Best Wishes to all - Mikey Lulejian - A ittle South of @cane.mba (Mike also) on Lake Oconee, GA

No one jumped on him and started a fight, he brought it all on with HIS poor me/look atme thread. He could have easilly messaged a mod with his thoughts OR simply signed off, right?

No one jumped on him and started a fight, he brought it all on with HIS poor me/look atme thread. He could have easilly messaged a mod with his thoughts OR simply signed off, right?

Exactly what I was thinking. He started the thread.

As we saw with the other forum this kind of thing is not " discussing politics". It's a way to take shots at the ones who disagree with you. Very few people can actually discuss politics in an intelegent manor, without resulting to insults and derogatory comments. Better left off the board as we have seen it carry over to other discussions.

I have to throw in my 2 cents here: I feel very bad for our Moderators having to go through this.

The reality is that our Moderators are our benefactors. These guys have regular jobs and families and probably less time than many of us. Yet for the love of this community they generously donate their time (and the money - though they claim it isn't much) to run this site. What we have happening here certainly does nothing to ease their burden - especially during a time when many are trying to relax and enjoy themselves on vacation. This is added stress no one needs.

They have invited us into their "home" and said "Put up your feet. Mi casa es su casa. Can I get you anything? Here, have a pillow."

Occasionally, one of us will spill a drink on the rug - sometimes without realizing it. We, as guests, have two choices: 1) We can quietly help to wipe up the spill and do our best to keep our glass vertical, or 2) We can proceed to crap on the rug right in front of them and say "How's THAT for a stain HUH!?!?!?!"

I can't help but think Option 1 gives us all a better chance of having this place available for years to come.

@Bruce. Maybe out of fairness to the current membership there should be another vote for or against a political forum. We are currently on our way to 900 members, many of whom haven't had the opportunity to voice an opinion. I for one am against a political forum as I saw how divisive and derogatory it became over at YJB but I'm only one voice.

Holy shit, what did I miss? . . . . . . I thought we left the drama @ YJB?

I will simply add this. . . I have had a post moderated here, and it was done in what I consider to be a VERY professional manner. While I may not agree with the outcome (of my posts moderation) it was discussed at length and I was allowed to have my fair say, and understood as well as respected the MODS perspective.

That said, with 800 members now it might be a good time to PIN the poll on the subject to see if it has changed. I am inclined to believe it has not.

p.s. This is the first thread I have seen on here that has had personal attacks (beyond a little ribbing). . . I don't know, nor do I care who started it, I would just like to say I think it is beneath the membership of THIS forum.

@Bruce. Maybe out of fairness to the current membership there should be another vote for or against a political forum. We are currently on our way to 900 members, many of whom haven't had the opportunity to voice an opinion. I for one am against a political forum as I saw how divisive and derogatory it became over at YJB but I'm only one voice.

You can still go to the poll that is already out there and vote. No need to re-do it.

I guess SJD checked out... Every single post he made since he joined has been cleared.

Odd to choose this hill to die on.

So does this mean we are at 799 now? We'll have to strip the 800 award from the other dude on that thread and it's all super jet douche's fault
What? No way!...once 800 always 800. No take-backs :D Plus, the last thing I ever won before this sticker was when I was about 6 years old, I colored a tray liner at some fast food joint around Thanksgiving and won a turkey. A jetboaters.net sticker is way cooler than a turkey.

@Woodr35 No worries! The USPS has your delivery already....no chance of revoking your gift now!

Yes, agreed no need to re-do. . . . My suggestion is that it be pinned @Bruce @Julian @txav8r

There are only 5 posts in the Forum Rules section....so pinning it doesn't really achieve much.

On behalf of the other mods and myself. ..thanks everyone for the kind words above. There is no way we can be drama free and @biglar155 I love your analogy!

Back to the fun

I'm sorry to see this thread happen, I read the title ...... and thought I guess I'm going to have to be the one to comment and say "please remember the request to keep your subject line somewhat specific to the topic" and then, ugggh,

I just cast my vote on the "political poll". Although I joined before the poll was posted I guess I ignored it because it started with the word "political" and thought it was a live forum. Although this current thread did not start out as political we can see it has turned out to be a debate causing tempers to flare and detracting from the purpose of this forum. I urge people to cast their vote so hopefully we can put this to rest one way or another.

What? No way!...once 800 always 800. No take-backs :D Plus, the last thing I ever won before this sticker was when I was about 6 years old, I colored a tray liner at some fast food joint around Thanksgiving and won a turkey. A jetboaters.net sticker is way cooler than a turkey.
LOL!!

Back