• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

4th of July in Bimini

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Was wondering who has spent the 4th in bimini? Does it get overly crowded? Would it be better to wait another weekend?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were there this past 4th and even with all the problems with power and Bimini sands, I would say the whole area was definitely more crowded than it was the previous year when we went June 20th. I don't think it was bad enough to stop me from going on the 4th if that was my only option, but I wouldn't purposely shoot for the 4th either.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I plan on avoiding the 4th week next year because it was busier....but as SBrown says....not so bad to be a problem. I just wonder if it would have been MUCH busier if there hadn't been power issues! We did wait in line for gas one day for an hour.....at Bluewater.....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is on a weekend, so it might be a bit more busy than usual. But I think the island is big enough and you have your own boat so you can just go wherever you want

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
See what you need to do is to get 5 boats from Texas and to get them to spend some time together in the local lakes. Get used to communication, formation and generally working as team. That will make a hell of trip.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
See what you need to do is to get 5 boats from Texas and to get them to spend some time together in the local lakes. Get used to communication, formation and generally working as team. That will make a hell of trip.
I've got 3 from the Conroe area. One guy has made multiple trips on jet skis. But next year he wants to take his 24ft Yamaha. We're trying to get a few more local people. Also if I can get some people from here to go as well. We don't really have a hard date as of yet. But if we choose the 4th we're planning on leaving ft lauderdale on Thursday or Friday and returning on Tuesday. But like I said nothing's set in stone.