• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

5 Year Warranty

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a way to know if my boat has the 5 year warranty? I have a 2016 AR240 and did not take the 2k off and financed through USAA. My dealer said I have it but no where on the paper work does it say. Just wondering.

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You need to ask the dealer - they have to submit it to Yamaha. Make them show you they are submitting it with the warranty and not the rebate. I took the rebate but no where on the paperwork did it mention that either. I just know I got it as I had already negotiated the deal right before the April promitions were announced.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I simply called a dealership's service center and gave them my Hull ID and was able to verify the warranty. BUT since its so new, it may not have updated in the system yet

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
YES plan is typically 4 years coverage. Did they start adding a year or something? I know when in bought my boat last year the YES warranty wording was kind of tricky and I thought it was getting 5 years total coverage but after calling Yamaha they said it's 4 years total as it starts when you sign the papers and not when the factory warranty expires.

YEs plan is typically part of their in-house financing deals/specials. If you didn't pay extra for it since you financed outside of Yamaha/Synchrony then I doubt you have YES extended warranty. I think you can buy it before your factory warranty expires but someone else can chime in to clarify.

Last edited:

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YES plan is typically 4 years coverage. Did they start adding a year or something? I know when in bought my boat last year the YES warranty wording was kind of tricky and I thought it was getting 5 years total coverage but after calling Yamaha they said it's 4 years total as it starts when you sign the papers and not when the factory warranty expires.

YEs plan is typically part of their in-house financing deals/specials. If you didn't pay extra for it since you financed outside of Yamaha/Synchrony then I doubt you have YES extended warranty. I think you can buy it before your factory warranty expires but someone else can chime in to clarify.
It was an offer Yamaha had, 2K off or 5 year plan. There was supposed to be nothing I needed to do, I bought the boat July of last year, I am just wondering how to verify. I never thought about it until I started reading about some of the warranty things here.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought mine after the initial sale so I have a paper trail on it. I'd want to be certain your invoice clearly states you paid for it. I'm also pretty sure we got something in the mail about it.....also for those considering buying it...read the terms and FAQ

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received my paperwork and id card for my YES warranty for my boat and ski in the mail. When i purchased both nothing was said about either extended warranty. But was pleasantly surprised when it received it

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Is there a way to know if my boat has the 5 year warranty? I have a 2016 AR240 and did not take the 2k off and financed through USAA. My dealer said I have it but no where on the paper work does it say. Just wondering.
You can call Yamaha's 800 number and they can pull up your warranty info. I called them a few months ago and I was pleasently surprised with how quickly they picked up and how helpful they were

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was an offer Yamaha had, 2K off or 5 year plan. There was supposed to be nothing I needed to do, I bought the boat July of last year, I am just wondering how to verify. I never thought about it until I started reading about some of the warranty things here.
Usually they have some fine print that says it must be financed through Yamaha/Synchrony. As they mentioned your dealer would send that off to Yamaha and then you would have received a packet from their warranty department about your YES plan. Try calling Yamaha warranty and see if they can run your VIN.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As @Khalid said, call Yamaha! Personally, I wouldn't trust the dealer to tell me. There was an error in my paperwork where it was supposed to be 5 years (1+4) but was registered as four with mother Yamaha.
"For questions about a Y.E.S. Plan, please call us at 866-937-3983, Monday - Friday, 7am - 5pm Pacific Time."
(Hint: have your hull number - HIN - handy!)

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Usually they have some fine print that says it must be financed through Yamaha/Synchrony. As they mentioned your dealer would send that off to Yamaha and then you would have received a packet from their warranty department about your YES plan. Try calling Yamaha warranty and see if they can run your VIN.
I will give a call but I never received anything in the mail so I bet I am out of luck. Have not had any real issues with the boat but it is nice to have, especially if I didn't have to pay for it.

OkieAR240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just called Yamaha and looks like any 'boat show' warranties won't be uploaded until the end of April, and we probably won't get anything until May some time. I bought my boat in Feb and have never gotten any paperwork describing the warranty. Looks like we wait...

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I received my warranty card in the mail yesterday for my 2017 VXR, Say's 24 months of yes warranty, I should of gotten 3 years from the boat show, it say's 4 year's coverage on my paperwork, 1 year factory, and 3 years YES. I have a call into my dealer now, unreal.

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called. I have 4 years total. They had my address wrong so they fixed it and are sending me new paper work. So that is good. I am sure they will want me to pay and extend.