• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

55 Degrees

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Brought the boat home from storage last week Friday, Sunday after church and mothers day brunch the kids and I put the batteries in, cleaned it a little, put the clean out plugs in, etc. It fired right up in the driveway......started to sprinkle a little bit and I told my kids I wanted to get it back in the garage; they of course wanted to go out on our association lake. Mind you air temp is 55, we've had much colder than normal temps for May and I have no idea what the water temp is....but cold enough I don't want to get wet. So being the good Dad I am I suggest we go to the launch and do a few laps, then go home. My two oldest (ages 19 and 16) don't think that is good enough....can we go kneeboarding at least? Well, they did. Brrrrrrr This is how badly we want to go boating after a long winter wait.

Attachments

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOL, nope!!! But awesome getting on the water. Our first trip will hopefully be Sunday and yes I am packing the wetsuits.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
LOL, nope!!! But awesome getting on the water. Our first trip will hopefully be Sunday and yes I am packing the wetsuits.
Great idea, we now have temps in the 70's and the weekend is looking great for close to 80....I'm out of town with my wife but I'm sure the kids will be be boating.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good man! Our second time out was in 62 degree waters. We went tubing. Lets say legs and butt were a bit numb at the end!

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ah, to be young again! When I was younger I would ski/kneeboard well into October. One time I can remember it was 50 (air temp), cloudy, and rainy, I was happy as a clam, then the lighting came, and my parents pulled the plug on the fun. Then one time in college we had an unusually early and warm spring, I was skiing on Lake Superior (techincally the Portage Canal) in late March!

I was in cold water last weekend putting the pier in, and I'll be in cold water again this weekend, finishing the pier, but I won't be skiing or swimming anytime soon, we've had a very cool spring, so everything is still very cold, hell, we had ice on some of the lakes less than 2 weeks ago!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Brought the boat home from storage last week Friday, Sunday after church and mothers day brunch the kids and I put the batteries in, cleaned it a little, put the clean out plugs in, etc. It fired right up in the driveway......started to sprinkle a little bit and I told my kids I wanted to get it back in the garage; they of course wanted to go out on our association lake. Mind you air temp is 55, we've had much colder than normal temps for May and I have no idea what the water temp is....but cold enough I don't want to get wet. So being the good Dad I am I suggest we go to the launch and do a few laps, then go home. My two oldest (ages 19 and 16) don't think that is good enough....can we go kneeboarding at least? Well, they did. Brrrrrrr This is how badly we want to go boating after a long winter wait.
Awesome......and jealous.....

I get "do I have to go?" from my teen.....even when she's allowed to invite a pile of friends....

So I've been taking coworkers out more and more!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I get "do I have to go?" from my teen.....even when she's allowed to invite a pile of friends....

Mine does the same thing. Nope you can stay home see you when we get back.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Man, that's tough...my kids can't wait to hit the water most days, ages 19, 16, and 14 all boys...they already told me they are going to take the boat out this weekend while I'm gone with my wife. I'm sure they will have fun....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats the difference between boys and girls.