• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

7” 2019 Connext Question

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is the difference between the 2018 and 2019 connect system. I know they removed the buttons and made it fully touch screen but any other changes? Does it have the GPS Nav like the 12” version.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Julian! I saw this photo which made me think it did but this is a stock image so it could just be super imposed. 91972

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 2019 7" Connext DOES have maps w/GPS. It's basically my default screen when tooling around the lake.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome thanks! I’m new to the Connext system. How do you like it? Any tips or tricks I should know about? I’ve had a 2013 sx210 since it was new so not familiar with all the new tech

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like it a lot. I really only wish that the maps were a bit faster. The maps are by Navionics so they're very detailed. It keeps up fine when your just boating, but if you're panning/zooming around plotting a course, it takes a little patience. All the other pages are as snappy as you'd want.

Can't say I really have any tips about using it, it's pretty straightforward. The joystick is intuitive and once you get used to it it's easier to use that the touchscreen when underway. You can easily switch the joystick between Connext navigation and volume control which is a nice touch. I really like is the lack of analog gauges or switches, makes the helm look super clean.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the input! I’ve always used navionics but like the idea of it being built in and on all the time

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Do any of you know if there is a way to set points of interest on the 2019 connext map screen? I see the way points and bread crumbs but I woulld like to set various points of interest before heading to the lake.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do any of you know if there is a way to set points of interest on the 2019 connext map screen? I see the way points and bread crumbs but I woulld like to set various points of interest before heading to the lake.
According to the manual, you can tap to add waypoints. Once you tap a location or several locations, the map will draw a line connecting them. Not sure if it just draws a line, or if it navigates the best path though.

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
How do I save Bread Crumb routs on my Yamaha connext screen? I put bread crumbs, but when I turn boat off they disappear. Can I save them?

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How do I save Bread Crumb routs on my Yamaha connext screen? I put bread crumbs, but when I turn boat off they disappear. Can I save them?
Nope. Turn keys off and it's gone...