• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

7 Truly's.....not 8 not 6.....7

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the correct number to drink while maintaining an acceptable level capability, and also maintaining an acceptable level of inhibition lowering.

Enough with the Vaccine, the Thrust Vectors or the EVs......THIS is the real data we've been needing.

Don't worry, I'll continue to do the research for the remainder of the weekend and will continue to post my results. Im really here to help!

Hope everyone else is having an equally great start to their weekend!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ScreaminJay

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+1 for the High noon. it’s hard to keep up with the arms race of new seltzer/fruit/clear liquor drinks in a can haha so many out there

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I run about 220 or so. Also, consumption started around noon and ceased just before 6 or so.......timing is also important.

So I'm around 1 truly per 28 pounds per 45 min.

More testing to commence today. If anyone else is on Patoka, swing on by to participate in the research!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I run about 220 or so. Also, consumption started around noon and ceased just before 6 or so.......timing is also important.

So I'm around 1 truly per 28 pounds per 45 min.

More testing to commence today. If anyone else is on Patoka, swing on by to participate in the research!
I think you need to check that math. If you leave the weight out to begin with, you are at roughly 1 per hour. So now just add in the weight and its one per hour at 220 lbs.

Now we need another person with a different weight to determine the change in per hour drinks (if any) with a weight change.

May also need to factor in food consumption. Steak vs pancakes vs burgers? LOL

Should probably add some shots to to mix to see how many shots you can add til you can't stand anymore!

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife is partial to the Crook & Marker brand, I can’t confirm that 7 would be her number though because she will alternate between those, beer, and wine.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd like to see a weight vs time doing wake sports vs time swimming vs food consumption vs vaccination status chart verified by breathalyzer.

For the sake of science we need statistically significant numbers of tries. Basically several people will have to drink seltzers, eat, and boat, a lot. For science.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sadly cannot participate in this study, as I cannot stand more than one seltzer at a time 😂 I will be monitoring my wife’s seltzer drinking for the sake of science though!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is the correct number to drink while maintaining an acceptable level capability, and also maintaining an acceptable level of inhibition lowering.

Enough with the Vaccine, the Thrust Vectors or the EVs......THIS is the real data we've been needing.

Don't worry, I'll continue to do the research for the remainder of the weekend and will continue to post my results. Im really here to help!

Something else to consider. Not trying to be a buzzkill, Truly. No alcohol for me until get back to the dock, then let the experiments begin. I don't care if my passengers drink...just don't be the reason for me being boarded.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Raises hand for not knowing WTF a Truly is either :bookworm:

We don't drink heavy on the lake. Too many things can go wrong and it's annoying AF dealing with drunks while also trying to keep them alive. Not saying this is anyone on here as everyone holds their alcohol differently. Heavy drinking and partying days are thankfully loooong behind me in my past lifestyle. At most we have 2-3 beers over the span of several hours mixed in with plenty of water and other non-alcoholic beverages to stay hydrated. I know, probably a buzz kill for this thread but drunks are an issue to everyone on the lakes. Had plenty of fatalities and accidents that could be avoided.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Guess you should have posted this to the comedy forum .... getting far too serious in the off topic forum. 🍺🍻🥃🍸🍹

AndyWaWa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Def prefer the High Noon brand, and especially watermelon or pineapple...and if you fortify with a little extra Ciroc watermelon I promise not to tell anyone. Its like a liquid adult Jolly Rancher.

The numbers you are putting up: 6,7, or 8 (extra fortified or not) would be enough to have me relinquish my captaining...for a fat guy, I'm a lightweight!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WhiskyDan..you been under a rock. Trulys are similar to the old highschool days when your girlfriend asked you to grab her a six pack of Smirnoff or some other junk alcohol.
Thank you for clarifying, I’m pretty much a beer only guy and am not up on the newest alcohol trends. :)

The admiral did get a four pack of Brandy old fashions in a can that I had never seen before.