• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

A week in the boat yard....

Lol. A 23' boat is way too big for this boat. She holds a Seadoo inside the garage above the engine room and a 12' RIB on the swim platform.

I was just messin' with you, figured it might be a tad big for her. But I bet she will look great once she gets finished!! Don't forget to use Boat Bling!!!

You can pick up a 2008 for only $2.4M! :-)

http://www.galatiyachts.com/used-la...FT/FORT-LAUDERDALE/FL/US/details-4875848#info

I was surprised to see it only had 830 gallon fuel tank capacity....but at $7/gallon (guess at on water diesel price)....that is $5810 to fill her up! But hey....you'll never fill it up all the way....(it will always have some gas in it)....so realistically only $4K for a big fill up! LOL

1,1oo hours? That's too many for my use...the search continues

WOW that is one awesome boat!! I was warned when I first joined the forum that this site could be costly due to "mods and upgrades" but this is outrageous. Any chance of a group buy on this one? ;)

WOW that is one awesome boat!! I was warned when I first joined the forum that this site could be costly due to "mods and upgrades" but this is outrageous. Any chance of a group buy on this one? ;)

I could probably scrape up a few hundred bucks.
What would that buy me on a time share basis?
18 minutes at 3:30 am on a January Tuesday morning? :D

our little boats cost us big on mods, yachts cost big on maintenance. It takes a guy 6 hours to wash and dry it.

Beautiful. You win!

our little boats cost us big on mods, yachts cost big on maintenance. It takes a guy 6 hours to wash and dry it.
I bet they do. How much is this little haul out maintenance costing?

So @Murf'n'surf , is this your boat???? I think you need to change your screen name to something that includes "King" or "Prince". Wow.....

I bet they do. How much is this little haul out maintenance costing?
Full motor and drive service, haul out, props reconditioned and a bunch of other stuff........probably will spend $15k at least.

So @Murf'n'surf , is this your boat???? I think you need to change your screen name to something that includes "King" or "Prince". Wow.....
Not mine, it's one of my job responsibilities.

Bottom is painted, props are back from reconditioning, and the drives are prepped for speed paint. Things are moving along although there are many hours of work yet to come.
image.jpg image.jpg

Full motor and drive service, haul out, props reconditioned and a bunch of other stuff........probably will spend $15k at least.
Cheap @ twice the price. LOL (j/k).
When I lived in Naples, the most expensive boats ran MAYBE $100K ... or less !

Of course, you could buy a lot - ON the Bay - for about $15K, and gas was 32 CENTS a gallon.

Guess I am showing my age, ain't I, Murf ? ............. LOL !@

(Pretty Lazarra, however, that @Julian posted the link for) .... That boat mftr is so awesome ! - It's a shame my financial advisor says I CANNOT afford the yearly insurance on sumptin' like that ...... LOL !)

Last edited:
100k or less!! Lol. That can't even get you a loaded up Mastercraft X-Star. Times and the value of the dollar sure have changed!

Bottom is painted, props are back from reconditioning, and the drives are prepped for speed paint. Things are moving along although there are many hours of work yet to come.
View attachment 16092 View attachment 16093
I would have never of thiught of putting the props in front of the drive units. I guess that's why those engineers make the big bucks.

I would have never of thiught of putting the props in front of the drive units. I guess that's why those engineers make the big bucks.
Yes! They are actually pulling the boat verses pushing.

Getting closer to splashing it! Drives and props are painted.
image.jpg image.jpg

Hey @Murf'n'surf , I'm curious about the platform on the transom. I see hydralic rams on it and it looks like it can be lowered down and away from the transom. Just wondering what the purpose of that would be. Is it to lower toys into the water?

Hey @Murf'n'surf , I'm curious about the platform on the transom. I see hydralic rams on it and it looks like it can be lowered down and away from the transom. Just wondering what the purpose of that would be. Is it to lower toys into the water?
He did say there was a 12' rhib on the swim platform. Probably to lower that.

Back