• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Able to add swim up seating on AR250

Curious about this as well. Pretty cool feature.

I am actually about to do this on my 2021 AR250. Within the next two weeks or so. Seems pretty straightforward.

@ccbnola I have the same boat. Please post pics and information when you get this done! Very interested!

I was able to get this done, it turned out great! Although I will admit, the marine sealant is a bit of a MESS. I have attached some photos but I would definitely recommend using these as a rough guide only.

To start, I removed the inside floor of the storage/clean out port area. The screws are easy enough and the hose is stubborn. Shouldn't take more than 20 min to get to the inside the boat.

Once inside the hull, you'll notice there is a pad inside the rear of the boat (visible in the photos) that I presume the swim up seating bracket bolts to for the factory installations. If you look closely though, you'll see there are two "steps" in the photos. I don't know which of these are the primary pad for the swim up seating.

Long story short, this is totally doable. I'd just recommend taking your time and triple checking measurements. Oh, and I'm 5'9" about 175lbs and any bigger and I would have had a tough time getting in the space. Fortunately I was able to lay in the cleanout port area and reach my hand to the bolts/nuts to tighten everything up. I did have another set of hands to tighten the bolts from the outside while I held the nut from the inside.

Lastly, apologies. I actually completely forgot to take pictures of the brackets installed. Once I get back to my boat I'll definitely do so.

Attachments

• IMG_8746.jpg
    IMG_8746.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8747.jpg
    IMG_8747.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8748.jpg
    IMG_8748.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8749.jpg
    IMG_8749.jpg
    968.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8750.jpg
    IMG_8750.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 59
I was able to get this done, it turned out great! Although I will admit, the marine sealant is a bit of a MESS. I have attached some photos but I would definitely recommend using these as a rough guide only.

To start, I removed the inside floor of the storage/clean out port area. The screws are easy enough and the hose is stubborn. Shouldn't take more than 20 min to get to the inside the boat.

Once inside the hull, you'll notice there is a pad inside the rear of the boat (visible in the photos) that I presume the swim up seating bracket bolts to for the factory installations. If you look closely though, you'll see there are two "steps" in the photos. I don't know which of these are the primary pad for the swim up seating.

Long story short, this is totally doable. I'd just recommend taking your time and triple checking measurements. Oh, and I'm 5'9" about 175lbs and any bigger and I would have had a tough time getting in the space. Fortunately I was able to lay in the cleanout port area and reach my hand to the bolts/nuts to tighten everything up. I did have another set of hands to tighten the bolts from the outside while I held the nut from the inside.

Lastly, apologies. I actually completely forgot to take pictures of the brackets installed. Once I get back to my boat I'll definitely do so.
Where did you buy the parts and how long did they take to arrive? Did you reinforce the backing at all?

I actually ordered the parts from Yamaha Parts, Suzuki Parts, Husqvarna Parts Online, although they did take quite a while to arrive. in fact im still waiting on one more component (of the seat, not the bracket). I ordered everything last December. Should have everything by the end of May.

And I was planning on putting some sort of stainless steel or aluminum backing plate but with the reinforcement in the hull already, I didnt do that. I figure the load is static (me sitting on my behind with a drink, lol) and these things wont be "loaded" all the time. I felt comfortable going with what was already there.

Back