• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

about to be a new boater yamaha ar210 2011 opinions

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
how reliable do these 230s go when there like an 08 or 07 or even an 06
I bought an 07 sight unseen from a great dealer in maryland. Shout out to @OCMD the boat apparently has ~200+ hours on it, but seems to be have been well cared for. No problems with it at all. Got the mod itch and am looking to do stereo upgrades soon. I will be swapping out carpet for seadeck that I bought from @JetBoatPilot last fall here soon!! Go used and keep your $ for Mods @Christian Sciaulino

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Christian,

Where do plan on using the boat? If you're going to boat in the bay mostly, I would not be comfortable in a 19' boat. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be crazy about a 21' boat either. I've been caught a few times out in the bay when the weather has turned and I felt comfortable in the 23'. Just my 2-cents

Christian Sciaulino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Christian,

Where do plan on using the boat? If you're going to boat in the bay mostly, I would not be comfortable in a 19' boat. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be crazy about a 21' boat either. I've been caught a few times out in the bay when the weather has turned and I felt comfortable in the 23'. Just my 2-cents
mostly in the bay and the shrews berry river and navasink, possibly rariton bay then lakes as well

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You would probably be fine in the AR 210, I've never had a lack of power in anything I was looking to do. Although, I'm not looking to do 50+mph across the lake.

If the dealer took it on a trade, they probably paid about 20k for it, so there may be some room there on price or extras.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Christian Sciaulino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks for the plug Julian.

Christian, I was avoiding plugging my boat in your thread, but saw you decided to look used at the 212. Check mine out, it's ready to go and in great shape, there are a lot of folks on this forum that have been on my boat and seen it with their own eyes.
Hey trace, boat looks beautiful and all. as you know im new with this. being 21 i am on a tight budget. will be financing as well. Price I feel is to high for me. I dont want to offer something and insult at all by any means and give myself a bad name on here. let me look it over tomorrow and try to see what kind of financing im looking at

Christian Sciaulino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
actually holy shit boat is mint!!! same color as my truck deinitly would be SICK TO OWN!!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My kids have had a lot of fun on Traces boat. His new one, also. Good luck with your search. We are here to help.
IMG_0496rev1.jpg IMG_0556rev1.jpg

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Christian Sciaulino. You're getting a lot of good info here. At the beginning of the thread you mentioned the dealer was going to charge you $200 for checking the motors. That is a red flag for me. Any dealer selling a boat without checking it out first is a dealer to stay away from. for $80 you or they can buy the YDS to plug into the engines and download the hours and the engine history.

Also I see you're near the ocean. If you are going to be boating there frequently, definitely go two engines and the bigger the better. I boat exclusively in the oceans of Cape Cod and find the SX230 is fine on most days. It's a light boat so choppy days can be a little challenge. Take advantage of a "ride along" with some of our members to see which boat is the best fit for you.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You asked about reliability on 230s. There are many reports of thousands of hours on rental waverunners with the same MR1 engines. The highest claim I have seen was around 4,000 hours. Several rental operators have claimed more than 2,000.

In two years of owning our 2007 SX230 the only maintenance that I have had to do was two oil and spark plug changes.

Yamaha boats require very little maintenance and are built incredibly well.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Christian Sciaulino . I hope you find a great boat. I am plugging @trace 's boat as well. I have been on it and I can tell you it is worth MORE than what he wants for it. He is ANAL and METICULOUS when it comes to upkeep.

Christian Sciaulino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
yeah unfortionatly i dont feel like spending 38k on a boat. even though it looks fricking awesome. I got to be around 25k max cause interst rates are gunna be between 5-7 %

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With a beacon over 800, you should easily get 3.9% or better. Also, I've found if you're over 35K, they'll do 15 years. Just food for thought.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Smart man! Buying what you can't afford is what is wrecking this country.