• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Accessories for 242xe

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Word is that my boat will arrive in about a week!!! WOOT!!!! Of course we've booked a condo for Memorial Day down at the beach....so the boat will arrive Friday....and I won't be able to go get it still the following weekend! Murphys law will prevail I'm sure!
Bronze to the rescue.... I will sacrifice part of my long holiday weekend away from my family to go to sanford and pic up your boat for u.... and break it in... and maybe wash it after but no promises!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone near their 2015 24' boat that can tell me the distance end to end from the mid patio cushions (so if you scroll up to the Hydrotherapy example I posted above....all the way to the ends of each gray cushion just above the boat name?). @Glen @OperationROL

I have a modern name font that makes my name 58" wide.....

Last edited:

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone near their 2015 24' boat that can tell me the distance end to end from the mid patio cushions (so if you scroll up to the Hydrotherapy example I posted above....all the way to the ends of each gray cushion just above the boat name?). @Glen @OperationROL

I have a modern name font that makes my name 58" wide.....

Getting home at 2 tonight-
Measure & communicate in AM

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
4'4" is from curve to curve
That what you needed @Julian?

Attachments

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Glen and @sealavie we should get all three boats together on Kerr Lake at some point! Have a friend with a boat there too...perhaps we could get a shot of all three Blue/Black/Blue running together!

@Julian @sealavie
in fact, we are renting a house on Kerr Lake this Thursday through Sunday. The 9th, through the 12th. Looks like we are on the Southern part of the lake, in Williamsboro.

You all want to play a bit?

To be honest, I have yet to fill the ballast tanks and I have yet to spend the time to figure out how to. I need to as I have begun to aquire the board and equipment for wake surfing-

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sealavie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe that Julian gets his boat this Friday. I'm planning on running over to Falls Lake today and wanted to do a day at Gaston and a day at Kerr. We should be able to be up at Kerr on Friday during the day (depending on weather). I believe we are going to have the boat in covered storage at either Kerr or Gaston.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe that Julian gets his boat this Friday. I'm planning on running over to Falls Lake today and wanted to do a day at Gaston and a day at Kerr. We should be able to be up at Kerr on Friday during the day (depending on weather). I believe we are going to have the boat in covered storage at either Kerr or Gaston.

What is home for you all?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Falls is a dirty lake... we wash our boat when we take it out... kerr is much nicer I think.... haven't tried gaston yet.
What is home for you all?
I live outside raleigh nc..

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
North Raleigh for me.

Where are you guys putting your registration numbers? Got any pics? Was looking at this boat and not sure their numbers are legal/big enough....and the graphics look like they'd be in the way of the "legal" mounting location...???
242X.jpg

sealavie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dealership put mine on below the rub rail. However, I think the regulation says it needs to be above the rub rail. Also, note that a few (4) of my cup SS inserts were not glued down and one fell off when I was unloading the boat. I'm puzzled by this - but I can reattach as soon as I determine what type of adhesive to use. Also, there is a gasketing material on the hinged side of the windshield that appeared to be dry rotted and just crumbles off when touched. All these things are minor, but leaves me wondering. Once again, overall the boat is performing well as I've had it out on the water approximately 5 times already. I load and unload the boat easily - has been pretty easy and happy to say no scratches, but I'm very, very careful.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dealership put mine on below the rub rail. However, I think the regulation says it needs to be above the rub rail. Also, note that a few (4) of my cup SS inserts were not glued down and one fell off when I was unloading the boat. I'm puzzled by this - but I can reattach as soon as I determine what type of adhesive to use. Also, there is a gasketing material on the hinged side of the windshield that appeared to be dry rotted and just crumbles off when touched. All these things are minor, but leaves me wondering. Once again, overall the boat is performing well as I've had it out on the water approximately 5 times already. I load and unload the boat easily - has been pretty easy and happy to say no scratches, but I'm very, very careful.
Numbers can be above or below the rail....post a photo when you get a chance.

I'll have to take a look at my cup holders and windshield gasket. The gasket on my 230 also disintegrated....I just bought some better stuff and homedepot!

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Numbers can be above or below the rail....post a photo when you get a chance.

I'll have to take a look at my cup holders and windshield gasket. The gasket on my 230 also disintegrated....I just bought some better stuff and homedepot!
I'm starting to feel like your personal photo concierge ;-). (Boat is uncovered in the driveway...got home at 1100 last night w/ it-)

Would go 1/2 inch higher, but workable.

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've read to many stories of boats with water in engine compartment so I think i would add a water alarm to engine compartment cheep ins.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've read to many stories of boats with water in engine compartment so I think i would add a water alarm to engine compartment cheep ins.
Yup...my old boat had both a bilge water alarm and a fume detector.....fume detector is purchased and awaiting install, don't have a bilge alarm yet....but am thinking of adding a 2nd bilge pump and its not clear how the bilge is wired on this boat and if Connext isn't "On" would the bilge be off all the time? Certainly don't want to leave Connext on just to have the bilge turned on!