• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Adding Tow Valves, 2004 SX230 questions

Look toward the bottom of the hull in your picture. I believe that is the hose you want to put the valve on.

IMG_0822rev1.jpg

IMG_0395rev2.jpg IMG_0398rev2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how those pictures double posted. The yellow arrow is the direction of cooling water flow from the pump. On my boat these are the ones you would put the valves on.

Ruh roh. Sigh. Guess another eBay purchase is in order... In the engine compartment it sure seems like they're coming out where the cooling line is. I deleted the post so no one makes the same mistake I did. Does anyone know the I.D. of the CORRECT hoses?

MOA_Chaser, my boat and cwoav8r and I have same layout. Please check yours again.

Ha. No problem brother. We got your back. I wish I was in your driveway helping ya.

You'd be here a while, LOL. It takes about 2 weeks for the valves to get here from China. :rolleyes:

I ain't taking it apart tonight though. I'll re-order the valves when I find out what size they are and I'll un-do everything when they get here.

Here is a video that explains the cooling system if your interested.

Ha. No problem brother. We got your back. I wish I was in your driveway helping ya.

X2... @MOA_Chaser , sorry man... I was hoping I was wrong, but better to not find out later when you need 'em to work. Give me a sec and I'll see what I can find on the hose...

It's either 1/2" or 5/8"... Bueller... Bueller?

The Island Racing kit for the MR-1's is a 5/8" valve... That jives with the FAQ that @Julian referenced...

OK, reading some more about this and it seems like I don't need to buy new valves. The same supplier has 3/4" * 15mm barbs, which seems to be the I.D. of the PROPER hoses (between 1/2" and 5/8") so I can still use the 3/4" valves, which will give me better flow anyways. He also has a female-female 3/4" collar for $2.55, so I can snag that and put the port side hose back together again.

Thanks guys for catching my screwup... that would have been disastrous if I ever had another engine go down and assumed I was OK to throw the valve and motored in on the remaining engine faster than no-wake! As it is my screwup only cost me about $20 in a set of barbs I don't need.

Sorry, it killed me to post up cause I knew you worked hard at it, and I was not sure if your boat was different...

@Julian do you think it better to resurrect the deleted parts of the thread if possible... just to show folks what happened? If you all think it won't lead to confusion, and with @MOA_Chaser 's approval of course...

Rather than resurrecting that post, how about...

DON'T INSTALL THE VALVES HERE!!!

IMG_20140913_164231.jpg

Ball Valves
Male Barb Ends

I did see the FAQ. It wasn't really clear about doing them under the cleanout port, though. I'm thinking about moving forward into the engine compartment, but put them before the "Y" fitting. There's not much hose there so I'm seeing if I can move things around a bit so that the valves will fit up there.

I also mic'd the hose... it's exactly 15mm I.D.

That'll work... thanks @MOA_Chaser just keep us up to date on how it goes.

Back