• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Air Filters for 2009 MR-1s?

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking there had to be an original supplier for the Yamaha part number filter. I have not needed any; but this is as far as I got in my research.
170C8ED2-7B39-4109-A473-B9B86095AFC9.png

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ordered the prok filters from here. They’ve been great and you never have to worry about them getting oil spray and rendered useless.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you think they filter the air as well as the OEM?
I still use stock, but my first boat never had an air filter because on the water, there is very little to filter - the water pulls particulates into it. So from my perspective, air filters really don't have much (if any) work to do in boats.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I still use stock, but my first boat never had an air filter because on the water, there is very little to filter - the water pulls particulates into it. So from my perspective, air filters really don't have much (if any) work to do in boats.
That's what I thought as well, however, will the MR-1 ECU compensate for any airflow differences? I know the newer models will.

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think they filter the air as well as the OEM?
They don't, but I think the stock air filters are overkill unless you are boating at an inland lake thats very dusty. Very little dust on the water and the filters pull air from inside the engine compartment where its even tougher for that stuff to get. The filters have a fine wire mesh that will certainly catch any large particles. I've had the PROKs for almost 2 years. They are very similar to the RIVA and R&D filters but were a little cheaper. Any of the 3 are a good option for the MR1 given its tendency to ruin stock air filters anytime the oil is even slightly overfilled

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They don't, but I think the stock air filters are overkill unless you are boating at an inland lake thats very dusty. Very little dust on the water and the filters pull air from inside the engine compartment where its even tougher for that stuff to get. The filters have a fine wire mesh that will certainly catch any large particles. I've had the PROKs for almost 2 years. They are very similar to the RIVA and R&D filters but were a little cheaper. Any of the 3 are a good option for the MR1 given its tendency to ruin stock air filters anytime the oil is even slightly overfilled
My boating is almost exclusively on Lake Havasu, AZ...not too much dust out there except when the wind kicks up. Yes, the oil filter issue with the MR-1s crazy. Refilling after an oil change is a PITA. Washable may be the best way to go.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My boating is almost exclusively on Lake Havasu, AZ...not too much dust out there except when the wind kicks up. Yes, the oil filter issue with the MR-1s crazy. Refilling after an oil change is a PITA. Washable may be the best way to go.
Had MR-1s for 9 years doing my own oil changes. Never over filled. My filters looked new when I sold the boat.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is my first year with the boat...still in a steep learning curve.

Last edited:

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered the prok filters from here. They’ve been great and you never have to worry about them getting oil spray and rendered useless.

Thx for the vector feziwig...got two Proks on the way!

Last edited: