• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Air Filters

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking about air filters. I have not received my boat yet but was thinking about replacing the air filter with a lifetime type.

I have K&N on my vehicles. Do they make such a thing?

If not, who?

I don't think anyone makes after market air filter. Plus, I have had my boat for 4 years and have put about 175 hours on it and my factory air filters look brand new.

Perfect! Just thinking about what I need for break in!

You don't typically boat in dusty conditions, so they don't get dirty. Island Racing had some permanent filters I believe, pricy but washable I think, or maybe I am thinking of the velocity stacks?

I would not even consider new filters on a new boat. A waste of money. Spend them dollars elsewhere, like gas. Get out there and enjoy that new boat. Take it slow in the beginning till you get use to the handling, especially at slow speeds. Do not have a group of people your first few times out. They become to much of a distraction. That's when "oh $hit" happens.

Both r&d and riva make aftermarket cleanable/reusable air filters for the 998 cc, 1,052 cc and 1,812 cc yamaha engines. They cost around $120 to $140 each. For the smaller engines both companies also make velocity stacks that will only
Fit in their filters. For the bigger engines they make a sleeve that replaces the flame arrestor. Island racing carries all of this stuff.

I would not recommend replacing the air filters until/unless you ruin the stock ones. The velocity stacks are snake oil in my opinion so pass on those entirely. That being said I have r&d air filters and stacks on my waverunmer a with the smaller engines and next year/off season I do plan to by the filters and sleeves for my current yamaha with 1.8 liter engines. The total cost per engine will be about $200 which is close to what I paid for the smaller engines mods.

Here is a link to the island racing we page with the aftermarket air filters and sleeves for the 1.8 liter engines (see the R&d section about halfway down). They also carry similar parts for the 992 and 1052 cc engines. Here is a pick of these items installed in my waverunner. I was wrong about the stacks only fitting on engines with the same brand filters. The new air filters take the place as flame arresters if you remove the stock ones to install stacks.

http://www.islandracing.net/240242.html

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Finally here is pic of a drink dispenser I wish I had. If any one knows where to get one ....

Last edited:
I can't find the drink dispenser on Amazon.....

Me neither, I tried overstock as well (just in case) but realistically I probably couldn't afford it anyway.

As gene Simmons of kiss said, "if you fall in love with a woman, don't marry her, buy her a house, it's cheaper."

Has anybody installed these and removed their factory air boxes?image.jpg

I like my boat like I like my cigarettes, no filters.

Well, if I liked cigarettes, I would like them without filters.

Like a real man - the Marlboro Man, yeah, I'll bet he don't need no stinkin' filters...or was that the guy trying to get Humphrey Bogart in Treasure of Sierra Madre?

Bogey wouldn't use no stinkin' filters, ....or fins, I'll bet he don't use fins either!

I have fins...

Flipper has fins...I like Flipper.

So, I'm good. :cool:

I think capnkev on YJB went with the new style aftermarket filters but don't recall if he saw any improvements as a result. I won't do it since I have already out sound deadening in the engine compartment and don want to rework any of I to accommodate the new style filters also I like the stock look better. I considered running without filters as glassman does but figured since I've got them I may as well use them even if they are not really needed/useless.

I'm running the original filters on my 2005! If you wonder if new filters will improve your performance....do what @Glassman says and just run without ANY filters and see if you see any improvement! My bet is you won't, and if you do it is because your filters got oil on them from overfilling your crankcase. Most older boats never had filters....I left mine in as they don't harm anything, but don't hinder anything either.....

" My bet is you won't, and if you do it is because your filters got oil on them from overfilling your crankcase."

Bingo

I was thinking about air filters. I have not received my boat yet but was thinking about replacing the air filter with a lifetime type.

I have K&N on my vehicles. Do they make such a thing?

If not, who?

Back